Let's see your dogs!

TonyOD

According to another thread, cats are taking over the world... but they've got a long way to go before they dethrone dogs as man's best friend! Come on dog lovers, let's see what you've got.

On the left: the multitalented Bella, a border collie/Bedlington terrier cross. Nominally SWMBO's dog. In normal times she does dog agility, heelwork to music (dog dancing, basically) man-trailing (finding people by scent) and works as a therapy dog with special needs kids and senior citizens.

On the right: Poppy, a Jack Russell terrier, nominally my dog. Does literally what she wants.

spacer.png

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 16

Here's Jack: my avatar, my hairy lord and master; my sidekick; an enthusiastic friend to all humans and a raging psychopath to all German Shepherds and Huskies, for some reason:

IMG-20201005-163123.jpg

He just turned 11 and still behaves like a pup.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 18

Stew - you should read The Ugly Dachshund, by G B Stern, if you haven't already - I'm sure you'd relate to it! The "hero" of the book is why a succession of cockeyed spaniels in our family as a kid were named "Tono"...

Having been owned by over twenty cats during my life, I'm at a bit of a loose end at present. When my last one (Henry the Neurotic) died just over two years ago, I decided not to replace him, because of the huge increase in the number of small birds around the place after he went. However, I keep seeing adverts from Greyhound Rescue in the papers, and I suspect that there may be a lurcher or two in my future ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As a dog lover through and through I'm very happy to see this thread but it seems the cat lovers are keener to show off their masters! Come on guys.

Here's my boy, Harry, he's our second Golden Retriever and is the sloppiest dog ever, just wants to be made a fuss of and to be with you.

9781bc85-77bb-47e1-b948-941715a002bf.jpg

Got to admit this is a while ago, he's just had to have both crutiate ligaments done on his back legs and seems to be making a good recovery but I've become very aware of the march of time....

We have a cat, he came as a short term lodger and is still here but he feels he has to behave like a dog to get any attention!

Dave

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

as they're not German Shepherds

Funny how dogs sometimes have a problem with a specific breed. I used to have a border collie who was great with other dogs apart from boxers, hated 'em.

• Like 3

On 2/24/2021 at 4:22 AM, Stew Dapple said:

Here's Jack: my avatar, my hairy lord and master; my sidekick; an enthusiastic friend to all humans and a raging psychopath to all German Shepherds and Huskies, for some reason:

IMG-20201005-163123.jpg

He just turned 11 and still behaves like a pup.

Cheers,

Stew

Had two Westies at one stage. Susie and Sasha. Would love another one. A friend once said that Westies think they're human. There's some truth in that. Susie was a stray and a gentle soul but and we don't know why, she hated black dogs. No matter how big she attacked on sight. 

I promised my kids a dog when we moved house. I'd like a Westie. They're old enough to be able for a bossy terrier. 

• Like 6

Not actually my dog, he's my daughter's, but I do get to act as acting unpaid dog-walker, so I think I have a share in him.  He's called Larry, and is, to describe him politely, a cross-breed.  He was a street-dog in Romania (and has the scars to prove it!) before being rescued and brought back to the UK last year,   My daughter and her partner have had him since June.  From the papers she received from Romania, he is thought to be around 9 years old.  I think he enjoys having a settled home, with regular food, exercise and somewhere warm to sleep, but he does have an ingrained tendency to seek out any food available.  I know most dogs do this, but with Larry it's turned up to 11!  A few weeks before Christmas I had to fight him for a packet of sausages someone had dropped.  It was a close run thing, but I just won.  He's fine with people, but not really good with other dogs, I think he still thinks of them as competition for food.  Anyway, here's Larry.

iXGRscw.jpg

Edited by 593jones
  • Like 12

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My daughter and her husband's two dogs, though they are around here often enough they probably think we're theirs!

floss_Lexie

Flossey the cocker is 5 and daft as a brush still ; Lexi, the chow, is 8 and just lollops though life. Both are lovely dogs, especially with Zac, our 2 year old grandson who adores the chow - he calls her boo boo bear! 

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 6