First big show after June 21st

It's a bit of a shame that the proposed removal of lock-down measures couldn't have been a few weeks earlier. This would have meant the MAFVA show could go ahead as planned and a few others, to boot.

Having said that, no-one would want anyone to contract the virus as the result of going to a show, so the measures must be adhered to, for everyone's sakes.

Cheers, 

Chris.    

15 hours ago, Scimitar F1 said:

I am sure someone is going to be nimble and do very well.

It also means that Telford 21 is likely to happen.

I think you might want to re think that about Telford even though it is still way off there will still be a good deal of restrictions about especially when you think that was the start lockdown 2 in the UK and we will probably never be rid of it 

Most of the isles are very close together and what with the attendance of the great unwashed and trolley pullers and rucksack brigade it is still not a place to visit high on my list 

• Like 2

Hmm...., Telford,

Beginning of flu season - tick,

Very crowded-tick,

People with vastly differing standards of personal hygiene, awareness of others etc. - tick, 

Weather turned bad-tick,

Full of older people with likely health problems-tick,

Lots of people from different parts of the UK and overseas-tick.

If I was a coronavirus I would be rubbing my non-existent hands with glee, unless a lot of my kin have died out due to people being relatively sensible between now and November. 

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Hmm...., Telford,

Beginning of flu season - tick,

Very crowded-tick,

People with vastly differing standards of personal hygiene, awareness of others etc. - tick, 

Weather turned bad-tick,

Full of older people with likely health problems-tick,

Lots of people from different parts of the UK and overseas-tick.

If I was a coronavirus I would be rubbing my non-existent hands with glee, unless a lot of my kin have died out due to people being relatively sensible between now and November. 

Vaccine - tick?

Is the Avon show going ahead in August?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Scimitar F1 said:

Best tell Boris that as he did not mention  that on Monday.

Still looking for the first big show post June 21st? 

He does not mention a lot really then goes and changes his mind

"quote" schools will go back after Christmas but it will be in March

And scale Scotland has just been cancelled for September good luck with your search I think it will be a long one.  :shrug:

• Like 1

Still some big unknowns about the vaccine long term, how effective will it be against the new strains that will appear and will we need a booster or something like the annual flu jab? The original host of the virus has adapted to it in the same way we have adapted to other viruses (A very interesting case study being 'Sweating Sickness' that appeared in Tudor times, ravaged urban populations in Europe and then disappeared again. No one  now knows what it was, but possibly a flu virus). Most pandemics run in cycles of about two years, hopefully we can short circuit this one. 

The more transmission can be suppressed, the better chance of having 'normal' Model shows, which we all want back. 

• Like 2

weh hey!!! lets all descend on a model show, grab some bargains, paint tools etc....oh and a nice case of Covid.

sorry, not being cynical or pessimistic but I've lost people to this bloody virus and have a vulnerable mother & MIL that we have to look after, so I for one won't be going to shows until at least next year ( or pubs, restaurant's, footy, cinema etc etc )

Please be careful folks, don't let your guard down.

• Like 6

The Elstree Show (Hertfordshire) will be going ahead on Sunday 10th October, unless something really drastic happens between now-and-then. Obviously, I don't have a functional crystal-ball, but I'm quietly hopeful it will occur as currently planned.

Chris.     

• Thanks 1

Venues will also be an issue. You can't have a show without a venue and many of them are schools. I don't see schools being over-enthusiastic with opening their doors to all and sundry for a long time to come.

14 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

The Elstree Show (Hertfordshire) will be going ahead on Sunday 10th October, unless something really drastic happens between now-and-then. Obviously, I don't have a functional crystal-ball, but I'm quietly hopeful it will occur as currently planned.

Chris.     

3 hours ago, The Sheene Machine said:

For you guys that live down south, IPMS Romsey are planning a show - more news as we get it. 

Great to hear - thank you for that. I will endeavour to support both - particularly if Telford is a no go

Good to hear, Scimitar.

The Elstree Show is not a huge one (2021 will be our second year, fingers crossed!). Please don't turn up expecting a Cosford or a Milton Keynes-sized event. We are hoping for 17 Vendors and 20 Clubs / SIG's. 

Cheers.

Chris.   

47 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

Good to hear, Scimitar.

The Elstree Show is not a huge one (2021 will be our second year, fingers crossed!). Please don't turn up expecting a Cosford or a Milton Keynes-sized event. We are hoping for 17 Vendors and 20 Clubs / SIG's. 

Cheers.

Chris.   

If Telford does not go ahead you may want to expand!

1 hour ago, Scimitar F1 said:

If Telford does not go ahead you may want to expand!

You might be right! Our biggest limiting factor with the current venue is the car-park. It has space for about 90 cars and filled up VERY quickly at our first show (there is some parking in residential streets nearby, too). 

Cheers.

Chris. 

• Like 1
On 24/02/2021 at 19:37, Mr T said:

Still some big unknowns about the vaccine long term, how effective will it be against the new strains that will appear and will we need a booster or something like the annual flu jab? The original host of the virus has adapted to it in the same way we have adapted to other viruses (A very interesting case study being 'Sweating Sickness' that appeared in Tudor times, ravaged urban populations in Europe and then disappeared again. No one  now knows what it was, but possibly a flu virus). Most pandemics run in cycles of about two years, hopefully we can short circuit this one. 

The more transmission can be suppressed, the better chance of having 'normal' Model shows, which we all want back. 

Actually, from December 2019 ( first acknowledged cases in China) to November 2021 is 2 years .........

10 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

Venues will also be an issue. You can't have a show without a venue and many of them are schools. I don't see schools being over-enthusiastic with opening their doors to all and sundry for a long time to come.

I think there might also be very exacting clean down/disinfecting procedures requested in any venue that might be beyond the ability of volunteers from clubs or attendees helping out to do.

Perversely, the Telford Centre may well have that under control by November as I am sure it will be doing something along those lines while being used as a vaccination centre.