Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddley) for 2023!!

Marklo

I'd like to (tentatively, given my record on GB's) put my name up for this one.  I've a Blue Max Snipe that's been hanging around for a long time.  It's a while since I last looked but I think I also have a Camel from the same source, which allows a choice of the F1 and 2F1 versions.

Edited by JosephLalor
  • Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddley) 21 time for a last minute rally
4 hours ago, JosephLalor said:

I've a Blue Max Snipe that's been hanging around for a long time.

I too have one of these, it’s a funny mix lovely white metal detail but a bit rough in places.

I also have four 1/48 Camels :) 2 Revell (great kit) and 2 mr craft!! ( great decal sheet) 

And a 1 1/2 strutter too, oh and a Dolphin.  

And an almost finished swallow. 

I have finished a Pup, a Triplane, a Snark and a Mouse. 

• Like 1

Hmmm, if I don’t do my Gauntlet (Silver Wings 1/32) then it could be a Hawker Fury II (AlleyCat 1/32), or maybe a Nimrod (Lukgraph), Hart or Demon (Silver Wings), Hurricane (PCM or Revell), Typhoon (MDC), Tempest (Revell), Sea Fury (Fisher) or Hunter (Echelon)……..all still 1/32 scale. 🤪

Max 

• Marklo changed the title to Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddley) 2023 bound 12 months to get nine more names !
  • 2 months later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddley) 2023 bound 12 months to get eight more names !
  • Marklo changed the title to Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddley) 2023 bound 12 months to get seven more names !

I will sign up for this one as one of the GBs I've signed up for is bound to get through. Plenty of choice from the stash here. 

• Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddley) 2024 bound 12 months to get six more names !
  • Marklo changed the title to Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddley) 2024 bound 10 months to get six more names !
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

At 24, this is a rich collection of types with many many iconic aircraft. The Sopwith Camel, the Gloster Gladiator, the De Havilland Mosquito, the Gloster Meteor the list just goes on and on, surely we can get this one into 2023… 

This lineage being ever-reliable purveyors of quality naval aircraft for the discerning aviator throughout the combined history, I will certainly not struggle to find a subject here. From RNAS pups and triplanes to Nimrods to FAA sea-gladiators, hurricanes, furys, hawks and harriers. Count me in!

2 hours ago, DaddyO said:

Salamander anyone?

2E9EC952-D6DA-4447-B95B-C07343D8A803.jpgYes please, this is the one I just completed for the ground attack GB.

I have a Pup, a Triplane, a Mouse, a Snark, a TF1 (Camel) and a Salamander in my collection all 1/48 mostly scratch built. I have a Swallow in WIP and a Dolphin( now earmarked for the Canada GB) , a Snipe and three Camels in the stash.  I’ll probably scratch one or two for the GB if it comes to pass, wouldn’t mind a Rhino or an Hispano Souza Triplane. 

Edited by Marklo

• Marklo changed the title to Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddley) 2023 bound 5 months to get 3 more names !
  • Marklo changed the title to Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddley) for 2023 We just need a number 30!!!!!
  • Marklo changed the title to Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddley) for 2023 We have 30!!!