Shenyang F-6C, (MIG 19), KP Models, 1/72, Egypt A.F. "FINISHED"

Touvdal

20 hours ago, Col. said:

Rapid progress Jes. Is there much going on in the cockpit as provided by the kit parts?

The cockpit has very little detail, but the there limited view into it, so no big deal.

cheers

Jes

• Like 1

Have been attaching a lot of small inlets and scoops on the fulage, quit a task as the instruction are not very clear, also discovered that according to instuction there has to be two nose mounted canons, but looking Egypt AF F-6, they had none so have covered them.

So much for KP Models research 🤥.

20210311_111248 20210311_111304

Cheers

Jes

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Touvdal changed the title to Shenyang F-6C, (MIG 19), KP Models, 1/72, Egypt A.F. "FINISHED"

Looks very nice!

:)

I am not sure about the camo in 1967 though. 

Maybe later models, especially the Chinese derivatives (F-6) carried also your scheme, not only the grey over grey as o the photo!

If you have any photos in this scheme I would be very interested though!

Thanks!

16 hours ago, exdraken said:

Looks very nice!

:)

I am not sure about the camo in 1967 though. 

Maybe later models, especially the Chinese derivatives (F-6) carried also your scheme, not only the grey over grey as o the photo!

If you have any photos in this scheme I would be very interested though!

Thanks!

Only references i have i from the internet, (Google).  And that is very thin. So have to been going with the instruction given by the kit manufacturer.

But as i read what you are saying, you have some references regarding the camo and year, so please put them forward.

Cheers

Jes

2 hours ago, Touvdal said:

Only references i have i from the internet, (Google).  And that is very thin. So have to been going with the instruction given by the kit manufacturer.

But as i read what you are saying, you have some references regarding the camo and year, so please put them forward.

Cheers

Jes

Hi, thanks for considering my comment!

problem here is that a lack of evidence is not a proof of anything... so just that you or me does not have any photos of camoflaged MiG-19s in Egypt in 1967 does not mean they were not camouflaged... especially for the Arab countries documentation is largely missing.

If you are interested in more details I recommend you the Arab MiGs Series of books by Harpia publishing e.g. the volume aboout the 1967 war:

https://www.harpia-publishing.com/hapbook/19

The MiG-19 where as far as I know in Aluminium / natural metal in 1967. Camuflages like your are typical for the MiG-17F though later on.

generally I would like to add that in 1967 only original Soviet MiG-19s were used in Egypt

the Chinese derivative F-6 came much later

http://www.easternorbat.com/html/egyptian_shenyang_f-6_eng.html