Wingnut Wings perhaps not out? EDIT: no, pretty sure they're out

k5054nz

On 27/02/2021 at 02:48, JohnT said:

I hear that there is a stash of WNW moulds and kits buried at an airfield in Myanmar but my money is that this is just an unfounded rumour. They are really inside the Amber Room which is secreted in a secret U-boat pen on a remote uninhabited island off Greenland

Perhaps more realistically we won’t see any resurgence of WNW for many a year if ever, sadl:(

I've heard that the moulds for the hp 400 and Lancaster were in a train wreck from the WNW revived aurora factory in the states then sent by ship from Hong Kong to NZ that sank ....divers recovered them after which they were sold off for scrap and recycled by Lincoln toys as ashtrays.........

...sadly :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

That is complete and utter hogwash.

as any fule no the ship was just outside Kowloon when it was attacked by Godzilla.

possibly an Aurora one ☝️ 

TT

Truthfully, I heard from a USN MH-60R pilot stationed at NAS Atsugi, the WNW tooling is in Tokyo Bay next to the Otaki 1/144 L-1011 Tristar.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Ad-4N said:

Truthfully, I heard from a USN MH-60R pilot stationed at NAS Atsugi, the WNW tooling is in Tokyo Bay next to the Otaki 1/144 L-1011 Tristar.  

The Otaki 1/144 C-5A Galaxy must be down there as well. Al Trendle, who used to run Minicraft, told a story of scouring the planet looking for the C-5 moulds but could not locate them. They are well hidden if not in Tokyo Bay.