I really don't know what to make of that to be honest.  It seems a bit.... well, weird kind of.  For a moment I thought its a wind up but now I am not so sure after reading the blurb.  They sound like they are serious.  Anyway if its for real then good luck to them though I don't see the appeal to either gamers or modellers myself.  However each to his/her own as they say

For me modelling is an escape from the screen - no matter how good this game(?) is, it won't be anything like creating something (however badly) with your own two hands - an experience not enough kids get these days.

It may get some traction - though I suspect it will end up as an advertising platform. To be honest assembling a virtual kit sounds very dull ... unless of course the simulation includes badly fitting or missing parts, errors in the instructions and carpet monsters!!

Cheers

Colin

• Haha 2

Someone mentioned this last year, and I think it's scheduled to come out in the 3rd quarter of 2021.  I'm not sure about it yet.  They seem to have got AK on board for the paint bottle logos, although whether that's a good thing or not I don't know. :hmmm: Their recent book wasn't well received, and may turn some people off.

It looks clever enough, but there's something missing, and I think it's the human frailty.  Our ability to have a bit of a hiccup and do something wrong.  Snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, so to speak.  There's some skill in applying a decal for example, but plopping them on a model in the game seems a little too... easy.  Game?  More like a simulator TBH.  Now if it was in VR and you held things and could manipulate the model and brush/tool, it might be a bit more realistic.  I might pick it up on offer if it's a few quid, but it's not a substitute, and as @ckw said, it's an escape from the screen for some.  Not me mind you, as I have two of the things sat in front of me on the bench :shrug:

• Like 2

I just noticed this is in the wrong place thanks to @Paul Thompson's cryptic comment, so I'll move it now.

We're getting a LOT of posts being put in the wrong place at the moment.  It might be because we're getting a lot of new members too, but we'd really appreciate it if people can take the time to familiarise yourselves with the structure, so we're not spending our time moving things, and can put our meagre resources to morfe useful tasks :)

I really don't understand the point of this .

• Like 3