Cheap and nasty 1/35 "Night Stalker" Pilot

Rossco_builds

Whilst searching the internet for a Kitty Hawk Blackhawk and not getting very far, i came across various models for different figures on the ol' eBay and upon looking at the description and the product picture, i thought looked really cool!

The detail of the 1/35 Figures were very intricate and detailed, best of all was the price....£9.32 including post and packaging! wow i bought 2 and waited.......and waited.....and waited....checked the details page on ebay....Sending to the UK from none other than Shaghai......by boat...jeezo, long wait

Then finally one day a battered package arrived through the letter box!.....

I opened the package up and expected a Tamiya/Meng Type model....

Jesus wept....the flash on the model was horrendous the parts didn't even fit into the grooves either, it was in a word Guff(I would have preferred another word but i want to keep this post P.G)

However, being the stubborn kind of guy that i am (And the fact that ive spent nearly £20 on this, im as tight as 2 coats of paint im afraid) i decided that im going to make it a project to get these presentable.

You will see the pictures down below.

More updates to follow! If i dont throw it into the bin!

SNQWVET.png

[The eBay picture.....Looks amazing eh?]

yXf1cYI.jpeg

[Not the packaging i was expecting.....]

1j102mH.jpeg

[Not the product i was expecting either]

7uN66jJ.jpeg

[This picture is from the Pilot i haven't done yet, it isn't actually looking to bad but still, a bit of elbow grease will still be needed, the first one was horrid!]

ySUM5wm.jpeg

[Body, Legs and head removed from the sprue and all the sharp edges and random whispy bits removed]

95Cptqu.jpeg

[Kind of getting there, though the left foot point will need to go as there isn't even a hole for it on the foot. For everything else i'll keep smoothing it out some more.]

Edited by Rossco_builds
Remove asterisk of Potty Language
  • Like 2

Hang in there. It looks like it has potential, as far as the photos appear.

(And beware the asterisk police. I got my wrist slapped for using symbolic language 😉 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Big Dave S said:

Hang in there. It looks like it has potential, as far as the photos appear.

(And beware the asterisk police. I got my wrist slapped for using symbolic language 😉 )

Cheers Dave, yeah pushing through the pain of it. Its actually starting to look ok now as it stands with the body, legs and head attached with some filler put in the gaps so hopefully ill have it presentable soon.

Lol no worries mate i dont want to get my hands slapped having just joined......ill change it to another word, one thats in the Oxford Thesaurus of "Symbolic Language"😇

21 hours ago, Rossco_builds said:

.....and waited....checked the details page on ebay....Sending to the UK from none other than Shaghai......by boat...jeezo, long wait

Well, what did you expect? They have other things to do in that city you named... sorry, I just couldn't resist. Stay on it! NSDQ!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Richard E said:

Hopefully you won't take offence.

Unfortunately it looks like your figure is a "direct copy" :whistle: of one of Russian manufacturer Live Resin's exquisite Pave Hawk crew figures:

spacer.png

No offense taken at all Richard, thank you for bringing it to my attention! Seems like they are getting royally scammed by the China crew i think, ^^^this looks amazing too!

I had a look at the website and ive got my eye on a Kiowa Helo crew that will look amazing on a Kitty Hawk Kiowa that i have.

Thank you again Richard.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, redcap said:

PLUS 1 to what Richard said.

Knock off copies of the 'Live Resin' range of figures which are a superb range and nothing like the dreadful QC in your pics.

Gary

Yeah seems like ive got myself a dud to be honest, considering how much the actual pilots cost. Ill persevere though and see what i can do with the dodgy ones.

Cheers Gary

Ross

2 hours ago, Johnny Tip said:

Well, what did you expect? They have other things to do in that city you named... sorry, I just couldn't resist. Stay on it! NSDQ!

😆True story there, ill defo hang in there though!

• Like 1

(Update#02)

sFHBfQN.jpg
[Most of the sharp edges filed down and sanded. Its looking a lot better than what it did previously. It might be my inexperience with this particular type of models(resin) but Liquid cement, no matter what type will not glue the parts together. I had to use super glue to do that.]

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Big Dave S said:

Yeah superglue or Araldite are what works.

Fig looking good so far. Worth the effort.

Is the Bordeaux a modeller's tipple?

😂😂 Good spot! I occasionally like to have a bottle or 2 whilst painting models.....stops the shakes....though can get a bit crazy!

cheers mate, much appreciated, definatley sticking with it, its starting to look okay for a knockoff!

Edited by Rossco_builds
Spelling
  • Like 2