Hurricane Mk.I Belgian, Airfix 1/72

Nice kit, easy to build. Correct resin wheels are made by CMK and a PE gunsight is by Eduard. Gunze paints on top, Tamiya TS 30 Silver Leaf on the bottom /decanted and applied using an airbrush/. Gunze varnish, some oils and Tamiya weathering sets.

Thank for looking.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 57

Having build this kit myself i can only say you took it to the next level!! excellent paint job and finish.

I found it a very enjoyable build, and a great kit overall, not to mention the Belgian decal option. Just to bad Airfix only included the later four spoke wheels rather than the iconic 5 spoke ones that are accurate. In my case Marabu's set of photo etch spitfire rims came to the rescue.

very inspiring!

Thank you guys. I will try to make more photos at the end of the week (the camera battery went flat and I had no time to look for the replacement).

As far as I know this particular plane served with No. 2 "Thistle" squadron" - the oldest fighter unit in the Belgian Air Force. It was the second squadron in the first group of the second regiment so it was numbered "2/I/2 Aé".

This Hurricane was destroyed during a German attack at Schaffen airfield (Diest) on May 10, 1940.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...