A pair of Austers.

Having just completed one for the A/NZ GB, I sought out my already built( a few years ago now) Auster III and decided to mod it slightly to represent an Auster I as LB312/G-AHXE and one I have flown in. Its a two seater only with less cabin glazing to sides and rear.  I may need to go back and do a bit more but this is it for now.

1Xuouy.jpg

4iaTI1.jpg

The modded side window was achieved by just over painting after I dealt with the join between the window and fuselage sides and top.

( Just noticed the tail wheel looks a bit dodgy but has been fixed now)

iejnuB.jpg

FC9RhW.jpg

eQ3ybD.jpg

Note: All the transfers used on this rework are from the generic sets by Modeldecal and overlayed the previous markings.
Tu4CK8.jpg

D6pY3x.jpgthe above two pics show both my Austers together.

And below pre modifying.....

l6X7Ll.jpg

HMdiC4.jpg

As it looked before with evidece of the mod in progress.

• Like 31

3 minutes ago, keith in the uk said:

Lovely , i take it these are the Airfix kits ? :goodjob:

Thanks But no. They are the AZ Models kits. I do have another built one with the Lycoming powered Mk.V.

Love them Paul.

My first ever flight was in a Auster at the Fenland Aero Club after marshalling an air race. We were invited back and offered a flight, I just missed out on a new shiny Jodal 140(I think) and was gutted. Then came a pilot with the Auster and it was the best missed opportunity I have ever had, loved that flight and the pilot was good too, won the landing competition.

Gary

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Love them Paul.

My first ever flight was in a Auster at the Fenland Aero Club

Mine too. In Auster V G-ANHR in 1966.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Blimey, small world!

info on the Auster I flew in, may even have been the very same one though, that is a nice thought.

My flight was from Shoreham Airport. Flew in it twice. 'NHR was based there.

• Like 1

Lovely Austers from what I understand to be a not-so-easy kit. I hope that they reissue the Continental version again as I’ve been lucky to be allowed to fly PH NET recently, an Auster V. I’d love to make a model of it but haven’t been able to find one available anywhere.

7 hours ago, brianj1uk said:

Lovely Austers from what I understand to be a not-so-easy kit. I hope that they reissue the Continental version again as I’ve been lucky to be allowed to fly PH NET recently, an Auster V. I’d love to make a model of it but haven’t been able to find one available anywhere.

The version you mention I have made as the one I flew in mentioned above. I was lucky to get one I guess as it's the only one I ever saw. It had the new engine part as a resin piece. They also did an A.O.P. 6 but I bever got one! I too hope they get 're issued sometime.