Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp. I find blueprints

Ruslan.P

Good day!  I find blueprints on engine Pratt & Whitney R-2800 (type 21 and 59). How i can find or  receive it?  My project is model of engine in 32-24 scale.  Kagero is not blueprints.

I find bluprints which are like that but on R-2800

https://a.radikal.ru/a25/2102/33/05948419711c.png

Just now, dov said:

You want to create a 3D file?

For understanding?

For a resin or 3D print?

Let me know! I find it interesting. I crawled many hours under such an engine.

On a F4U and DC-6.

Happy modelling

Test in 3D print. After Resin

Would be interested in anything you find,  trying very hard not to rebuild a 48th Tamiya P-47 engine....

It looks off, either the crankcase is to large in diameter, the cylinders too skinny, or both!

Vector engine is not worth it, Vector engine is not worth it, Vector engine is not worth it, 😉

Edited by Bozothenutter

13 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Would be interested in anything you find,  trying very hard not to rebuild a 48th Tamiya P-47 engine....

It looks off, either the crankcase is to large in diameter, the cylinders too skinny, or both!

Vector engine is not worth it, Vector engine is not worth it, Vector engine is not worth it, 😉

I am in waiting of information

• 2 years later...

Well the cylinder bore and piston stroke listed on Wikipedia are different for the two engines so I’m guessing the answer is no. The R-2800 increased in power over the years and versions, so it’s possible that the variant with the detailed spec listed is different from others, but I think the basic conclusion must be that the cylinders on the two engines were different.

best,

M.