Any CV-22 Experts?

lksavidge

Greetings all,

One of my future projects is an AF CV-22. Already got the GWH 1/48 and Caracal decals. I try to build my planes to be as accurate as possible. But the below recent picture of a CV-22 with some new external hardware has me a little confused. What the heck are these things (highlighted by the arrows)?

Any expertise is greatly appreciated.

Larry

spacer.png

Hi Larry 

This article might help explain the purpose of the bulge which is visible on some of  pictures in this post on Fighter Control; the last two pictures in this post from the same site might reveal a little more about the position of the towel rail antenna even if I can't tell you what it's purpose is.  

Interesting observation: it looks like the two systems are unrelated as none of these pictures show both sets of antenna fitter to the same airframe.

17 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Hi Larry 

This article might help explain the purpose of the bulge and the last two pictures in this post on Fighter Control might tell you a little more about the towel rail antenna even if I can't tell you what it's purpose is.  

Interesting observaion: it looks like the two systems are unrelated as none of these pictures show both sets of antenna on the same airframe.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for sharing the article and the other pics. Very helpful indeed. 

Larry