1/48 Revell Phantom FGR2- 56 Squadron

Antb

One i finished early January that i have only just gotten around to taking photos of. 

This build was out of the box, with no aftermarket additions with the exception of the FOD Covers and the 4 AIM 9L's which were taken from the Academy F4 Boxing. 

An enjoyable kit of my favourite subject, id definitely do another one. 

Decided to leave off the sharkmouth as wanted it a little different. Paints were Mr Hobby Barley Grey, FS16440 Light Gull Grey for the underside with weathering being Abteilung oils. 

Base was painted by me

20210221-151618.jpg

20210221-151624.jpg

20210221-151632.jpg

20210221-151637.jpg

20210221-151646.jpg

20210221-151654.jpg

20210221-151702.jpg

20210221-151709.jpg

20210221-151734.jpg

20210221-151741.jpg

• Like 67
  • Thanks 1

Nice Phantom. I have to ask I have this kit in the stash and want to know how does it go together? I have Royal Navy decals for mine and I'm deciding what to make next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Deano353 said:

Nice Phantom. I have to ask I have this kit in the stash and want to know how does it go together? I have Royal Navy decals for mine and I'm deciding what to make next.

It goes together beautifully as long as you take your time to get the seams as good as you can before applying glue. 

The intakes are a nice fit, again take your time and all will be good 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deano353 said:

You'll need the FG1 kit to build an FAA machine (different stabs, nose gear, cat attachment points (actually these might be of the FGR2 sprues).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham T said:

You'll need the FG1 kit to build an FAA machine (different stabs, nose gear, cat attachment points (actually these might be of the FGR2 sprues).

It'll be ok for my shelf I've an F4J with RAF markings. It'll not be accurate but I think sitting neutral it'll not be so obvious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Antb said:

It goes together beautifully as long as you take your time to get the seams as good as you can before applying glue. 

The intakes are a nice fit, again take your time and all will be good 

Lovely Phantom.. and very glad you've chosen to depict a 'Firebirds' - 56 Squadron aircraft. My uncle flew Tempest Vs in combat with 56Squadron in March and April 1945 over northern Germany '

Your weathering is very realistic indeed!. Thanks for sharing this!

Regards

Andy

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Paulaero said:

That's an excellent hard working toom....

Might like to treat it to some resin seats....

Its in the plan to have some nicer seats. I haven't glued the seats in yet so will be an easy replacement.