Special hobby 1/48 Seafire

Very very nice Dan she's a beauty  excellent work well done 👏

Just one observation with this kit's decals,  the Wing roundels didn't have the White background on them.  The same issue is in the Highplanes 1/72nd Seafire too. No quality control 😉

Thanks for sharing

Eamonn

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Very very nice Dan she's a beauty  excellent work well done 👏

Just one observation with this kit's decals,  the Wing roundels didn't have the White background on them.  The same issue is in the Highplanes 1/72nd Seafire too. No quality control 😉

Thanks for sharing

Eamonn

Should have been my quality control, with all my looking at colours i messed up there, it takes away from it my mistake.

1 hour ago, Spitfire31 said:

Nice looking Spit in a different looking finish!

What happened to the windscreen, though? Is it such a bad fit? I've got the kit in the stash, you see…

Kind regards,

Joachim

gunsight on mine seemed to obstruct canopy so i took a bit off it but does not sit far enough back

15 hours ago, danntheman said:

Should have been my quality control, with all my looking at colours i messed up there, it takes away from it my mistake.

You can only work sometimes with what's in the box.  The manufacturer should have noticed this before they sold it.

It doesn't detract from your work it's a very nice model!  What Green did you use?

Eamonn

In defence of the kit, the gunsight does fit in far enough back and low enough so as not to interfere with the windscreen.  I usually tape the windscreen in place until I’m happy with the gunsight positioning.

This is one of my SH Seafire IIIs that I finished last year,

50205849718_833bfb078d.jpg

• Like 1