Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 2/22/2021 at 3:26 PM, almac said:

I’m in too. I have both the mig-15 and 17 in 1/72 good excuse to build one.

 

Cheers Allan

 

On 2/22/2021 at 4:04 PM, RidgeRunner said:

I’m in :) 

 

Martin

 

23 hours ago, Angus Tura said:

Yes please, Col.

 

Airfix MiG-17 with AZ Stolichnaya decals.

 

Alan

Excellent! Got you all on the list and we're now over the half-way point for qualification in the end-of-year voting :thumbsup:

 

On 2/22/2021 at 4:01 PM, Beazer said:

Would you consider opening it up a bit more to Mig-19's?  

I did at first give that some consideration having read that the -19 started life as a twin-engined -17 project but feel it is taking my already stretched definition of an STGB way too far :( 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's gone a wee bit quiet in here gang. Anybody else got some MiG-15 and/or MiG-17 kits in their stash that require attention? If you don't then here's the best reason to add some ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/02/2021 at 16:01, Beazer said:

Would you consider opening it up a bit more to Mig-19's?  

 

Not sure about that one. I think just keeping to the earlier types would be more in the spirit of the original idea. That said, the Mig-19 is just the big brother (on steroids :D) and has a clear development lineage from the earlier/simpler types. 

 

If we can get more modellers onboard for the GB then I guess so??

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The MiG-19 would open up the Chinese J-6/F-6 which were used very extensively and into the 21st Century too. I'm building a trio of 1980s Pakistani examples myself at the moment.

 

Might need to be a regular GB rather than STGB though? Call it "MiG: the awkward teenage years"

Edited by Tim R-T-C
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

The MiG-19 would open up the Chinese J-6/F-6 which were used very extensively and into the 21st Century too. I'm building a trio of 1980s Pakistani examples myself at the moment.

 

Might need to be a regular GB rather than STGB though? Call it "MiG: the awkward teenage years"

I was thinking something along the same lines, I'd welcome the chance to make a Shenyang F-6.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What? Why haven't I joined this yet? :D I have lot of aftermarket stuff and decals (Cambodia) for Airfix MiG-17 - just missing the kit. But thats easily rectified. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, reini said:

What? Why haven't I joined this yet? :D I have lot of aftermarket stuff and decals (Cambodia) for Airfix MiG-17 - just missing the kit. But thats easily rectified. 

Yay! Glad to hear somebody is happy to build something other than a MiG-19.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Col.,

 

On 09/03/2021 at 21:20, Col. said:

Yay! Glad to hear somebody is happy to build something other than a MiG-19.

 

If it helps, I would be up for a separate Mig-19 STGB. :D Has there ever been a 'Mikoyan and Gurevich' Group Build? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Smudge said:

Hi @Col.,

 

 

If it helps, I would be up for a separate Mig-19 STGB. :D Has there ever been a 'Mikoyan and Gurevich' Group Build? 

Going back to 2014 I couldn't find an everything MiG group build. Im sure you could attract enough interested parties. Though with a 15/17 and a 21 competing for a 2022 slot already, maybe wait and propose it for 2023 ? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2021 at 7:35 AM, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

Have a 1/48 HB MiG-17F lurking in limbo waiting for it's time to shine, so sign me up.  

 

8 hours ago, GrahamCC said:

Count me in.

I have some -15's and -17's that would be suitable.

cheers, Graham 

Added you both to the list :thumbsup:

This means we're now close to two thirds of the required quota for making the end of year vote with this one :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 9:37 AM, Col. said:

It's gone a wee bit quiet in here gang. Anybody else got some MiG-15 and/or MiG-17 kits in their stash that require attention? If you don't then here's the best reason to add some ;) 

Why is there no auto-inclusion for obvious ones?? ;)

 D48152-MiG-17-AROUND-THE-WORLD-ASIAN-FRE

D48152-MiG-17-AROUND-THE-WORLD-ASIAN-FRE

If you need inspiration....

D48155-MiG-17-AROUND-THE-WORLD-ASIAN-FRE

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2021 at 02:52, Smudge said:

 

Not sure about that one. I think just keeping to the earlier types would be more in the spirit of the original idea. That said, the Mig-19 is just the big brother (on steroids :D) and has a clear development lineage from the earlier/simpler types. 

 

If we can get more modellers onboard for the GB then I guess so??

Ive got the Bronco so I'm still game for the 15

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Added you to the list @exdraken and @Beazer so we are now at 20 names :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2021 at 9:35 AM, Marklo said:

Wouldn’t say no to adding a 15 or a 17 to the collection, so count me in.

Counted you in as number 21 :) 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...