Tamiya 1/35th M1 Super Sherman - Uganda Style! Decals added 05/04/21

fatfingers

Many thanks for the pics @Andy G Much appreciated :D As it happens I've got a pastel that looks pretty much like like the soil colour! :winkgrin:

6cFBpbe.jpg

Had a steady session on the model today. Painted in the vision blocks with Tamiya Clear Green.

zzl74OC.jpg

Also got the tyres painted in with Mig Tyres & Rubber - which is a grey colour but I quite like it.

RqFy3Mi.jpg

I also did a bit more work on the mantlet cover with some additional washes of Games Workshop Anthonian Camo Shade which is a nice green wash, The spare tracks were also given a wash of Vallejo German Black Brown which was thinned with water. The cover also got a bit of a dry brushing with Mig Earth.

IQlggzU.jpg

Was then time for a glossing up with Tamiya X22 Clear thinned with Self Levelling Thinner. But before I did this it was time for the spray booth to get a clean up and a new filter.

BZARFsp.jpg

And now for a nice shiny tank! 

jnH0x5c.jpg

HxgkZKj.jpg

Next up will be the decals.

Thanks for dropping by and more to follow soon.

Regards,

Steve

🇺🇬

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 9

• fatfingers changed the title to Tamiya 1/35th M1 Super Sherman - Uganda Style! update 21/03/21
  • 2 weeks later...

How do chaps,

Time for a small update as I've finally managed to get the decals on! These went on with no issues and once on they were given a going over with a gloss coat as I often find that Start Decals can silver a fair bit on occasions. There's no mention of the white V marking on the hull front but I added it anyway. The red/green on the hull rear had a bit break off on the edge but i should be able to cover this with some weathering. 

cUSRCwA.jpg

Ta1SBpn.jpg

o5zhSuD.jpg

PaI8rTN.jpg

The markings certainly make for an unusual looking Sherman. Need to sort the tracks and then some weathering.

Thanks for looking and more to follow soon.

Regards,

Steve

🇺🇬

• Like 6

• fatfingers changed the title to Tamiya 1/35th M1 Super Sherman - Uganda Style! Decals added 05/04/21
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

How's this one coming along, Steve? 

Morning.

Not been able to progress since the last update as my spare time's been taken up with life in general. Hoping to get some time on this and my ANZAC build at the weekend 👍

Regards,

Steve

36 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Morning.

Not been able to progress since the last update as my spare time's been taken up with life in general. Hoping to get some time on this and my ANZAC build at the weekend 👍

Regards,

Steve

I know the feeling, Steve :(. It seems that ever time I enter a GB my life just explodes with other stuff :(. Let's hope you can get a bit more done soon :).

Martin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Progress was looking very good when last time seen Steve. Just checking if there has been any more?

Hope you and yours are all well.

Kind regards,

Stix