1/48 Flanker SU-35 finished (except the weapons)

Hi giys i posted this late in the build wirh WIP but i have pretty much only the weapoms left to make so the Flanker itself is finished. It's been tedious but definitely worth it. I just didn't enjoy the build much but that's irrelevant so here it is. I used Begemot 1/48 SU-27 decals and this is markings for either a Soviet era Flanker or a Flanker from the 1990s I forgot which. The infared sensor which is moved to the side on the SU-35 was a hollow piece of clear plastic and in photos you can see the sensor inside so I used white plastic card and super glued tinfoil to it and painted clear green to give a similar effect it's a big enough scale I thought this would be worthwhile in the photos here it may not be obvious but in reality it makes a difference, the paint is the pre mixed flanker colours from Mig they said they're specific to the SU-35 and Alclad 2 and AK Extreme metal and Tamiya clear colours for heat staining were used. All comments and criticisms are welcome I've learned a lot watching other build a here this is my first completed model in 2021 and my first model completed since the A-10 I made as a gift. Enjoy the photos!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Deano353
Info I forgot initially.
  • Like 20

5 minutes ago, JrivasK said:

Looks great to me! cool looking plane. And at 1/48th is massive!

It is lol it's probably the same length or close to a 1/32 F-16. 

14 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

I most definitely agree!

Thank you very much the metal was what concerned me the most with this as I studied photos and then thought how the will I replicate this? So for the tail-waings I thought the panels looked like the effect you get when oil is on water the random rainbow effect in some light and in others it looks black and the engines I took a similar approach I'm really glad that it's well received as I thought this was going to be the downfall of the model.

looks great!

the blue seems a bit very blue, but that might be due to the camera/ light etc...!

one question though, is this supposed to be a Su-35 in Su-27 markings? maybe I understood something wrong though!

cheers, 

fantastic build!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exdraken said:

looks great!

the blue seems a bit very blue, but that might be due to the camera/ light etc...!

one question though, is this supposed to be a Su-35 in Su-27 markings? maybe I understood something wrong though!

cheers, 

fantastic build!

Yeah I liked the SU-27 markings as they look better and also I couldn't get any SU-35 decals so I went with the 27 the, planes look very similar so I knew the dimensions would pretty close. The blue is way too bright but I figured as the decals made the plane fictional I might as well leave the blue as is. It's different but I like it. 

• Like 1