1/10 Revell Allison Turboprop Engine (modernized and converted to C-130E/H spec)

Wow!  That was so much more info than I expected, thank you so much.

since you have the experience can I get your opinion?

one method i thought of was to replace the 3 plastic shafts with brass tube, 3 pieces.  then when ready to assemble the subsections, run another full length brass tube inside the 3 shafts.  this might make construction easier and still provide the strength of brass.  Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, DMac said:

Wow!  That was so much more info than I expected, thank you so much.

You're welcome.  Glad to help out another BC resident.

21 minutes ago, DMac said:

one method i thought of was to replace the 3 plastic shafts with brass tube, 3 pieces.  then when ready to assemble the subsections, run another full length brass tube inside the 3 shafts.  this might make construction easier and still provide the strength of brass.  Thoughts?

If you can get everything to align and still access the areas to glue without locking the rotating assemblies up; it could work.  I ended up having to do a similar thing to place two "travel stops" inside the model to stop the rotating assemblies from sliding forward or aft.  I did that underneath the exhaust cone, and forward of the front frame (just before installing the power take-off shaft to the gearbox).

I can see this model has your gears turning.  Truth be told, I approached this model the same way.  Just remember to attack each problem individually before proceeding to the next.

Good luck- 

Hello Zibbit,

You have seen, what your contribution has done.

Interesting build and lots of interesting comments.

Regards, Orion.