Trumpeter 1/48 Wyvern — what aftermarket is recommended for the kit?

28ZComeback

Hello, 

I am interested in adding some aftermarket details to my 1/48 late model Trumpeter Wyvern. I’ve read that the ejection seat is too small. Also I have read that the various resin is non-inspiring or better than the kit details. Can anyone suggest or recommend from experience the best aftermarket available for the kit? I am building it with wings down and campy open, brakes open.  Many thanks! 

I replaced the seat with a resin one. Unfortunately I cannot remember the brand but probably Neomega as I like their seats.  The rest of the kit is quite well detailed from the box. All I did was add brake lines from lead wire. I remember it being a very easy and enjoyable build.

Slightly shocked to find it was back in 2007!

https://www.ipmsavon.org.uk/meetings-gallery.php?year=07#20071017-6

• Thanks 1

Neil I really enjoyed your build and finish, particularly the wing stripes. They appear to be painted on. The brake lines, bomb, ejection seat and details look realistic. Thank you for sharing this impressive kit! 

Edited by 28ZComeback

Thanks, and yes, the stripes were masked and painted as I did not trust the decals to settle over the many many indented rivets on the wings.  It was one of those builds where nothing went wrong at all throughout - and I can assure you that is pretty rare for me!

• Thanks 1

Goffy Models did a range of sets, wheel wells, cockpit etc for the Trumpeter and Classic Airframes Wyvern which you may still find available?

If I recall somebody like Pavla or Aires also did early Martin Baker seat.

Mike

Edited by mick b
  • Thanks 1

Over on FB there's a page dedicated to British Aviation Modelling where one member spent a lot of time & money on a replacement cockpit (Neomega?), only to have to rip a lot of it out as it simply wouldn't fit between the fuselage halves.  Replace the seat if you find one but as a British subject with the usual black-hole of a cockpit, I'd leave it at that!  And yes I had built one, it's a lovely kit OOB

• Thanks 1