1/72 - Noorduyn C-64 Norseman by Dora Wings - 3D renders+test build+schemes+box art+ decals+sprues - release in 2024

Homebee

I think renders above are for both Mk.IV and Mk.VI versions so it looks like both versions will be eventually released. 

As with many other kit producers - Dora logically starts with a bit less popular versions and with a purely Canadian box. I believe much more to come!

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Dora logically starts with a bit less popular versions and with a purely Canadian box.

"Less popular"? "Canadian"? No no - I'm sure they'll sell millions of a Canadian one, especially if it's got floats! Well, dozens, at least - I know I'll buy a couple! :wink:

John

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, John Thompson said:

"Less popular"? "Canadian"? No no - I'm sure they'll sell millions of a Canadian one, especially if it's got floats! Well, dozens, at least - I know I'll buy a couple! :wink:

John

I'll certainly be getting a yellow Canadian one, probs WW2 era.. Classic.

For those who are not yet total Norsemaniacs, Red Lake, Ontario, is the Norseman Capital of the World. Here's a page with lots of inspiration for civil floatplane markings and other stuff:

http://www.norsemancapital.com/norseman/

(The page format is ancient, and getting back to the main page when you open an image link can be challenging, but at least the links work.)

@dora - get a team of photographers and technicians on the next plane to northern Ontario!  The scenery is beautiful at this time of year - don't miss the Agawa Canyon train trip!  :wink:

John

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Noorduyn C-64 Norseman by Dora Wings - 3D renders+test build+schemes+box art - release in 2024
  • 1 month later...

Excellent, but where are the floats?! A Norseman without floats is like, well, a Norseman without floats. No doubt there'll be a subsequent Canadian bushplane reboxing with them included; if necessary, the ones from the Matchbox kit should keep me happy for now. I wonder if other, earlier marks are planned. I seem to recall reading (maybe even in this same thread) that the differences were enough to make that financially impractical. But a brand-new kit of any version from such a high-quality manufacturer as Dora Wings? Believe me, I'm grateful! :yahoo:Now let's see some aftermarket bushplane decal sheets!

John

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

Excellent, but where are the floats?! A Norseman without floats is like, well, a Norseman without floats. No doubt there'll be a subsequent Canadian bushplane reboxing with them included; if necessary, the ones from the Matchbox kit should keep me happy for now. I wonder if other, earlier marks are planned. I seem to recall reading (maybe even in this same thread) that the differences were enough to make that financially impractical. But a brand-new kit of any version from such a high-quality manufacturer as Dora Wings? Believe me, I'm grateful! :yahoo:Now let's see some aftermarket bushplane decal sheets!

John

They're here. I'm sure it won't be long before we see them.

• Thanks 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Noorduyn C-64 Norseman by Dora Wings - 3D renders+test build+schemes+box art+ decals+sprues - release in 2024