1/72 - Noorduyn C-64 Norseman by Dora Wings - 3D renders+test build+schemes+box art - release in 2024

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Noorduyn C-64 Norseman by Dora Wings - 3D renders
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Noorduyn C-64 Norseman by Dora Wings - 3D renders
20 hours ago, dora said:

So far 1/72.

Bad scale choice IMO☹️

In 1/48th this should have been my first Dora Wings kit. What a pity.

Just as Hub Plott, I would like to have a new tool one to replace my vintage as horrific Modelcraft kit (link).

Noorduyn-UC-64-A-Norseman.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Homebee said:

ИМО, плохой выбор ☹️

В 1/48 это должен был быть мой первый комплект Dora Wings.

Так же, как Hub Plott, чтобы заменить мой винтажный комплект Modelcraft ( ссылка )

Noorduyn-UC-64-A-Norseman.jpg

Вице-президент

We will work on it. ;)
So far, our production will not cope with 1/48.
Large.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Well, for whatever my opinion is worth, I'm definitely on board with a 1/72 Norseman kit! Especially if it includes floats and Canadian civilian markings options, although I'd expect the aftermarket to provide decals eventually. I've already got one or two sets of decals that were intended for the Matchbox kit, but a new Norseman from Dora Wings will make the older kit obsolete, I'm sure. Thank you for the good news!

I've forgotten the details, but I believe there was a series of Norseman marks, from Mk.I to Mk.VII. Could some of these options be possible with this kit?  I don't want much - just floats, a huge decal sheet of obscure Canadian bushplanes, and optional parts if necessary to cover five or six different variants!  :whistle:

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

I don't want much - just floats, a huge decal sheet of obscure Canadian bushplanes, and optional parts if necessary to cover five or six different variants!  :whistle:

Yep. Maybe one more fancy scheme for older Matchbox kit because Revell rebox was a little bit boring.

Delighted to see Dora Wings is going to produce a Norseman in 1/72. I would echo others here and suggest a new DHC-2 Beaver in any scale would be most welcome. An injection moulded Max Holste Broussard would also be nice to see.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Vingtor said:

Will it come as a Mk.IV or as a Mk.VI? Matchbox tried to do both in the same kit, which was doomed to fail.

A 1/48 scale kit would be most welcome......

Mk. VI and Mk. IV will be done. Different fuselages.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2021 at 5:03 AM, stevehnz said:

I'll be up for this, the Matchbox kit is one I've never managed to get, this will fill the gap nicely. :)

Steve.

The Matchbox kit is typical of their later releases, and with reasonably well reproduced stressed fabric detail. I built it way back when, and grabbed another second-hand last year, in the original & glorious 3-colour plastic. While I like the Norseman, I don't know if I like it enough to go down the Dora Wings route. Way too many kits already ...

• Like 1