1/72 - Noorduyn C-64 Norseman by Dora Wings - 3D renders+test build+schemes+box art - release in 2024

Homebee

On 19/02/2021 at 18:08, Tbolt said:

Nice. All it needs now is a Beaver to go with it 😉

Chuck in an Otter and a Twin Otter and hopefully the Auster family . Many years ago I watched Captains of the Clouds, a Canadian WW2 Flag Waver with Jimmy Cagney. Left me with a fondness for Hudsons, Yellow Harvards and Canadian Bush Planes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Dora for all of your interesting subject matter - I love the variety. I'll definitely pick up your Norseman. Any chance of including Israeli Air Force decals? I also support the suggestion of a Max Holste Broussard. There are many privately owned Broussards with beautiful schemes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hobo said:

Thank you Dora for all of your interesting subject matter - I love the variety. I'll definitely pick up your Norseman. Any chance of including Israeli Air Force decals? I also support the suggestion of a Max Holste Broussard. There are many privately owned Broussards with beautiful schemes.

Of course.
I haven't decided yet for sure, but we'll try to cover as many options as possible.
Perhaps it will be several themed boxes.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

A military Broussard would be great- the weapons fit is hilarious - FN (or even MG42!) door gun and a bomb rack made out of dexion and two bits of wood - its in the manual!

TT

Sounds like "aftermarket" to me - got photos? Send 'em to Quickboost...

John

• Haha 1

The Norseman was a favourite of mine and my dad. We built a semi-scale radio controlled version back in 1993 as a large trainer for him. I built the 1/72 Matchbox one for him a few years ago.

norseman_2018_002.jpg

I'm yet to see anyone else build one of my Broussard kits, despite around two dozen being shipped around the world!!

broussard_2018_005.jpg

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Vingtor said:

Seems to be partly a Mk.IV and partly a Mk.VI (UC-64). Same mistake as Matchbox did. Needs corrections to do either variant.

Wrong.
Any differences will be taken into account. Different fuselages, landing gear, etc.
Two different models.
These are only preliminary, general renders so far.

• Like 5

Still very much looking forward to this irrespective of mark numbers!!  But a Beaver and a DHC-3 Otter would be fantastic. The Otter especially as the old Hobbycraft one has lots of inconsistencies.  Cabin windo sapcing undersize fusealge... 

A Vazar one would be nice too😉

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 9:50 PM, Army_Air_Force said:

I'm yet to see anyone else build one of my Broussard kits, despite around two dozen being shipped around the world!!

Hands up, Stephen. I keep meaning to start her but I want to do her justice and so I've been hanging on. I just acquired a decal set, altheough I might be looking for an alternative. Rest assured that she IS on my build list :)

Martin

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Branky said:

There is a resin Broussard in the pipeline

Interesting :). I agree, an injection one would be preferrable, and I do have Stephen's excellent resin kit. Nevertheless, I'm not comfortable with too much resin in my banana-like fingers. Something is liable to break! ;)

Now, back on subject ....... This is great new kit :)

Martin

On 4/23/2021 at 9:47 AM, dora said:

Wrong.
Any differences will be taken into account. Different fuselages, landing gear, etc.
Two different models.
These are only preliminary, general renders so far.

Very good! 🙂 👍

• 4 weeks later...