StuG of the Dump

Foxbat

Group builds are a bit like Wehrmacht supply lines - unless you're massively overextended and teetering on the brink, where's the fun? 

With that in mind, it's time to throw my hat into the ring with a second build. I fancied an early StuG from the days when they were pure infantry support and Uncle Tamiya heard my pleas and had just the thing. 

spacer.png

Box contents. The decal sheet is slightly unusual in that it carries full markings for three units plus a couple of extra numbers and badges so you can model a choice of sub unit or vehicle within the unit.

spacer.png

I'm going to be dead obvious and do the box top one because elephants - they also feature in the unit badge of my Ausf L. One day I'll have to build an Elefant with a completely different animal unit badge just for balance.

Andy

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Hi Andy. Great that you are going to have another build on the go and I'm pleased it's this kit too. I was very tempted to make this one for this GB - in fact it was my last but one choice before I decided on the one I'm building. It looks to be another nice 1/48 kit from Tamiya.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Andy. Hope you are keeping well. I was just wondering if you have had chance to make a start on this StuG yet?

Kind regards,

Stix

Not yet. I have 4 other GB builds going on so I'm blitzbuilding an African wingy thing before coming back to the StuG. 

It's going to be another grey one so I'm thinking of what I can do so it feels different to the Ausf L - you shouldn't be able to confuse them shape wise, but they need to have their own character or the display shelf will just look like a parade ground.

Andy

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I still haven't started this one, so I'm going to move it to the Blitzbuild this weekend. I'll try and finish for 11pm Sunday, but ifI miss it, at least it will appear somewhere on Monday.

Andy

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Good luck!! 

Thank you but seriously - what could possibly go wrong 😂😂😂

Andy

A triumph of hope over experience.

• Like 2

Completed build in the Blitzbuild here: Blitzbuild

Pics in the gallery there too. Itsxa bit rough but since taking the pics I've matt varnished it which helped lots 😊

Andy

• Like 2

Hi Andy. Just been checking out your posts in the Blitzbuild section!! Very well done on getting it finished so quickly - great result. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for taking part in this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Well done Andy, looks fantastic thanks for taking part in both GB’s.

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Andy. Just been checking out your posts in the Blitzbuild section!! Very well done on getting it finished so quickly - great result. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for taking part in this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you both, for the kind comments and for the hosting. It's been a great GB and I really enjoyed being a part of it :)

Andy

• Like 1