Pakistan International A320 60th Anniversary retro livery Revell 1:144.

A320 AP-BLA Pakistan International Airlines 60th anniversary livery.

So, this was my second project. Each time I look at it i know i could have improved. As I spray paint on my balcony with a rattle can, I had to battle cold weather and surprise showers (for primer and white paint). I did not have the correct grey for the fuselage so did some mixing of grey and white paint to achieve the best result i could.

Cockpit could have come out better, but i had to putty ad sand it after the clear plastic got damaged by a freak drop of adhesive!

I found the nose cone tricky as well. Any advise for future would help!

The decals were from classic-airliners.com ( Nick Webb). 

They needed a bit of adjusting in places. I also printed a couple for the nose gear registration and under wing registration.

AP-BLA-2.jpg

AP-bla-1.png

top-view-with-decals.jpg

mirror-image.jpg

A320-A350-2.jpg

Edited by Zulu Hotel Alpha
correcting topic
  • Like 18

• Zulu Hotel Alpha changed the title to Pakistan International A320 60th Anniversary retro livery Revell 1:144.

Very nice A320 in an unusual livery not often seen.

Despite the problems you mentioned, it came out very well and surely one you can be proud of.

From what I read,you used Revell's A320NEO kit ?

Dryfitting the parts before glueing and painting is a good option to avoid fitting issues.Some light sanding sometimes solves the problem too.

We always learn from our mistakes and with every new model ,you make progress and gain more experience.Thats what modelling is about.

Looking forward to your next airliner

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

From what I read,you used Revell's A320NEO kit ?

Dryfitting the parts before glueing and painting is a good option to avoid fitting issues.Some light sanding sometimes solves the problem too.

We always learn from our mistakes and with every new model ,you make progress and gain more experience.Thats what modelling is about.

Looking forward to your next airliner

Thank you for your kind comments.

No adventurous enough to start changing the models!.. I used the classic A320 model (Air Berlin livery, they also have the same engine type CFM 56 engines).

You are correct regarding dry fitting before glueing.. at times I was afraid of over-sanding as well. I did that for attaching the wings and horizontal stabilisers which did not have a good fit. Had to sand quite a bit off for the belly to fit almost seamlessly followed by applying putty and more sanding.

I have found glueing parts after painting tricky if the glue runs onto the pain.

But as you say, all these experiences will  hopefully help me improve!