1/48 Revell Tornado GR.4, 617sqn. Grey and a not too dirty

Hi all.

I just added the last parts on Revell's 1/48 Tornado kit. Quite some aftermarket parts were used: Aires cockpit and exhausts, Eduard wheels, TIALD pod and a pe set, Master pitot tube and Reskit Paveway LGB.

The kit is nicely detailed but the fit is not optimal. By not following the instructions in every step, I managed to create a bit more room for some parts to fit a bit better. Still, some filler was needed in some areas.

As usual, I used Mr Hobby paints over Alclad black primer. Washes were made from Abteilung 502 oilpaints.

Thank you for watching.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by HartDeco
  • Like 62
  • HartDeco changed the title to 1/48 Revell Tornado GR.4, 617sqn. Grey and a not too dirty

Now that's how to make a monotone paint scheme interesting! Very nicely done indeed, and thanks for not going overboard with the weathering.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

It looks fantastic! awesome work. I don't ever remembered been interested in this aircraft before but your work has changed my mind. I think it's a beauty! 😍

B E A U T I F U L !

• Thanks 1

Nicely built and, as said, a great execution of a one colour paint job. It’s not easy to make it realistic but you’ve nailed it. 

Pete

• Like 1

Outstanding finish makes mine look like garbage lol.  My favourite aircraft and you've done a fantastic job!

• Like 1