VW Kübelwagen - 1/35 - Tamiya

BIG X

The 1/35 Tamiya Kübelwagen is a lovely little kit - but it has taken me over 12 months to drag her over the line - due to a complete loss of mojo whilst working through the pandemic.  Anyway - she's done now - so here she is...

KUB165.jpg

KUB166.jpg

KUB167.jpg

KUB168.jpg

KUB169.jpg

KUB170.jpg

KUB171.jpg

KUB172.jpg

KUB173.jpg

It was hardly a labour of love - but finally getting back to the bench to finish this has cheered me up a lot.

Thanks for popping in - Steve

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Lawzer said:

Worth the wait Steve!!!

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

End result was worth it Steve. It's turned out really well. Oh, and Kurt looks good too.

John.

3 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up Steve,

Excellent job all round. Well done that man! 👍

Regards,

Steve

2 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

That's a great result Steve, the simple base really sets it off nicely. Well done buddy.

2 hours ago, IanC said:

Nice work!

1 hour ago, Trevor L said:

That looks very nice.

I enjoyed making the same kit myself recently.

54 minutes ago, swralph said:

Very nice build Steve.😀

Thanks Lads - one & all - it's been a tough year & you & the build have really cheered me up.   I'm getting my jab tomorrow too - so everything is looking a lot better.

:thumbsup: thanks again - Steve

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BIG X said:

Thanks Lads - one & all - it's been a tough year & you & the build have really cheered me up.   I'm getting my jab tomorrow too - so everything is looking a lot better.

:thumbsup: thanks again - Steve

Mrs N and I had our jabs today Steve. I was a bit upset though... I didn't get a toffee.  :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, nimrod54 said:

Mrs N and I had our jabs today Steve. I was a bit upset though... I didn't get a toffee.  :lol:

Well done the both of you - I've decided I'm taking my own bag of toffees - not a brilliant idea - as I'm diabetic - BUT HEY - I want a treat!!!

A rosette would be good - "third prize" probably in my case - imagine "best in show" - we should have rosettes on here - ooh I'm going for a lie down - I feel a bit "giddy" :blush: 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Phil1960 said:

Hi Steve, nice Kubel! I love the figure! Why did you use the 1SSPD symbol with a WH vehicle? Do you have some pictures about it? 😉

Ciao

Filippo

Filippo - it's simple really...  The 1SSPD stole it & rebadged it during some fighting near Cheux ;)  Those SS boys were thieving little beggars.  You'll also notice they lost the front bumper & replaced it with an "Anti Suicide Badger" deflector (see the WIP for more info) :lol:

Ciao - Steve

• Haha 4