1/48 - Curtiss P-40N Warhawk by Academy (plastic Mauve) - released

Homebee

1 hour ago, Phas3e said:

ooo, Not much in the way of N's on the market right now, this could do ok.

Hobby 2000 are just about to release the Hasegawa kit which is the best one out there but it will be interesting to see what this looks like.

I just hope they do an F/L as everyone seems to do and E and M/N and don't seem interested in the F/L.

• Like 3

I know the catalogue says 'new tooling', but I wouldn't bet against it being a re-issue of the kit that appeared years ago under the 'Mauve' brand.

Academy has a track record of re-boxing other manufacturers' kits - for example, their B-25s and early P-51s are all re-branded 'Accurate Miniatures' kits and I think it's generally accepted at this point that the F3F will also be from that stable.

• Like 2

Given the current/recent co-operation between Academy and Italeri and the fact Italeri now have the moulds for the oldish 90's vintage AMT P-40 Family...I'm guessing the 'new' P-40N will be the AMT kit in a shiney new box......not bad kits if alittle soft on detail in places.

Italeri / AMT because they are already cooperating .

.MAUVE was a Japanese company associated with

Hasegawa at the time. a few engineers went on their own in the 90s.

However, Hobby 2000 is quite expensive.

Samo/P.k

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Curtiss P-40N Warhawk (new tool?) by Academy - box art - release in 2021
29 minutes ago, politicni komisar said:

Italeri / AMT because they are already cooperating .

.MAUVE was a Japanese company associated with

Hasegawa at the time. a few engineers went on their own in the 90s.

However, Hobby 2000 is quite expensive.

Samo/P.k

In the UK Hobby 2000 reboxed kits are cheaper than the Hasegawa boxing and you get Cartograph decals and masks so they are a good deal.

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Curtiss P-40N Warhawk (new tool?) by Academy - box art+schemes+decals - release in 2021

Thanks, VP. I really want to see sprue shots. The Italeri-AMT P-40s are fairly expensive here (was disappointed at value for money with the K I bought a couple of years back) so if this is just the AMT plastic then at least it may be a chance to get it cheaper.

Edited by k5054nz

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Curtiss P-40N Warhawk by Academy (plastic Mauve) - box art+schemes+decals+sprues - release in 2021
On 3/25/2021 at 8:47 AM, Tbolt said:

Probably not in Korea 😉

Depends, if you count a new decal sheet as 'not the same tools' used...

/runs

• Haha 1

On 02/04/2021 at 04:25, Tbolt said:

Nice. Shame they went with Academy decals though. I wonder what price this will be going for compared to the Hobby 2000 boxing of the Hasegawa kit?

I assume their decals may have improved from their earlier releases. I still prefer them to choose Cartograf though.

7 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

I assume their decals may have improved from their earlier releases. I still prefer them to choose Cartograf though.

Don't know to be honest, the only ones I've used of theirs are from older kits.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Curtiss P-40N Warhawk by Academy (plastic Mauve) - released