32 minutes ago, BritJet said:

I'd like to join in as well please - 44 built Meteors so far but plenty more on the 'maybe' list.

Steve

Welcome aboard both Steve with 44 under your belt should be a coast thru. 😉 & welcome @stevehnz

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 7:28 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Very good story and well worth it to try and save her. 

Of course you can, Ive added you to the list. Are you familiar with how the whole process works ? 

Thanks......and....NO!!!!

7 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Thanks......and....NO!!!!

Well its simple, at this stage all you've done is shown interest in the idea of this build. In the month of November the whole forum has an oppurtunity to vote for the next years builds. People like me will who have put forward proposal’s will notify you that the boting has begun and will be cheerleading to get as many votes possible. As of December 1st Enzo Matrix who is the group build moderator. He will notify us of the official results, and those top seven builds. In each category we the hosts will then begin to work amongst ourselves. All to figure out which dates we want to have our group builds start and finish on. At which time we including Enzo will then know what the build schedule is for 2021. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to Gloster Meteor Single type group build. Only one more to go !

I keep on meaning to build a Meteor again.... Don't care what variant so long as it has RAF roundels and looks like a Meteor. Count me in.

Any recommendations of good Meteor kits in 1/72?

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

I keep on meaning to build a Meteor again.... Don't care what variant so long as it has RAF roundels and looks like a Meteor. Count me in.

Any recommendations of good Meteor kits in 1/72?

Special Hobby does the Night fighter variants. I checked this out as well, if you scroll down to the timeline of kits you should get a good number of options. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/xtrakit-xk72005-gloster-meteor-tmk7--178093#

Meanwhile I’m off to add you to the list. 

• Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to Gloster Meteor Single type group build. We are at 25 !
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Added and welcome aboard. 

Is this the post you thought was lost Dennis? :ninja:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Is this the post you thought was lost Dennis? :ninja:

Yes I did, oddly enough your post brought it back into existence in my “ my content I started” list. Strange but I guess that is all that was needed.  It was only missing in my content list not here, if that makes sense ? 

46 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes I did, oddly enough your post brought it back into existence in my “ my content I started” list. Strange but I guess that is all that was needed.  It was only missing in my content list not here, if that makes sense ? 

Weird :hmmm: I could see it as plain as day, so you should have been able to as well.  I wonder whether you'd either had too little water with it, or were just suffering from fatigue at the time.  Sometimes I can't see the patently obvious - it happens :shrug:

• Like 1

Hi Dennis,

Count me in. I really enjoyed your Woomera NF.11 build in the ANZ GB. I plan to contribute another red and white Woomera subject this time in 1/48 using the Red Roo U-20/21 conversion.

Ray 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Weird :hmmm: I could see it as plain as day, so you should have been able to as well.  I wonder whether you'd either had too little water with it, or were just suffering from fatigue at the time.  Sometimes I can't see the patently obvious - it happens :shrug:

Anything is possible I guess I’ve been a bit stressed lately with personal issue’s, my apologies if I inconvenienced you. 

1 hour ago, Ray_W said:

Hi Dennis,

Count me in. I really enjoyed your Woomera NF.11 build in the ANZ GB. I plan to contribute another red and white Woomera subject this time in 1/48 using the Red Roo U-20/21 conversion.

Ray 

Hello Ray, welcome aboard with a great choice, they are pretty in those colors. Your also starting from a better position than I was with a modern kit.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Anything is possible I guess I’ve been a bit stressed lately with personal issue’s, my apologies if I inconvenienced you. 

Hey, no problem at all Dennis - I'm all over the place when I'm stressed, so it's hardly unlikely.  Don't fret about it, you're amongst friends here :)

Hopefully things will straighten themselves out a bit soon :yes:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Slightly jumping the gun here as I've started a CA F4.  God I'd forgotten what an utter DOG this kit is!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear this, no doubt you’ll beat :fight: her into submission soon though. Though I wonder if its possible to salvage bits to backdate the Airfix kit ? 🧐

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sorry to hear this, no doubt you’ll beat :fight: her into submission soon though. Though I wonder if its possible to salvage bits to backdate the Airfix kit ? 🧐

Not exactly "backdating" but I WAS going to use the gun bay from an Airfix F8 on my CA F4.  I did some jiggling about (before cutting away the panel in the F4 fuselage side!) and decided that with a bit of surgery on the Airfix part it WOULD fit.  However I decided that given the thickness of the CA plastic it probably wouldn't look good so abandoned the idea! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Ray, welcome aboard with a great choice, they are pretty in those colors. Your also starting from a better position than I was with a modern kit.  

Hi Dennis, 

One like this. 

Red Roo Meteor Drone

Conversion ordered. There are a few options in the kit. A77-884 looks lovely. Hopefully, the STGB gets up otherwise it will be a WIP. Now I have to show patience. One good thing is I am still stuck in Europe and the conversion will be sent to my Australian home address.

Ray

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Please count me in! As my father was on a Meteor squadron (XI Squadron RAF in the early sixties) it would be very rude of me not to build a NF version. 

Thanks! 

Matt

• Like 1