20 hours ago, planecrazee said:

Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but I would certainly appreciate an extension if I'm going to get my entry over the line.  I got completely thrown off track with work and the whole Christmas period.

Thanks

Kris

19 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I would certainly vote for an extension as I’ve not touched my pair since before Xmas 

8 hours ago, 81-er said:

I'd also welcome an extension. With the move next week I've got no hope of finishing either of my builds on time

James

@Enzo the Magnificent has seen fit to extend the build through the 29th. 

• Like 6

Good to Hear Dennis. I didn't think I was going to be able to attend this GB because of the short time left. There are some excellent examples of  A Meteor NF.14.But I have a Sword version I would like to add to the mix if that's ok.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Good to Hear Dennis. I didn't think I was going to be able to attend this GB because of the short time left. There are some excellent examples of  A Meteor NF.14.But I have a Sword version I would like to add to the mix if that's ok.

Thats jumping in the Deep end sir but please have at it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Woohoo! And as I won't get the internet connected at the new place until the 25th (gotta love the lead times for a new install), I won't have any of that pesky interaction with the outside world to distract me from Meteors :D (I will still be able to post updates from work though ;) )

James

• Like 1

Damn, here was I thinking I was off the hook, no chance of finishing before the 15th, phew, sometime during the year will be fine & now, presure, pressure, pressure, going to have to get my A into G. :( :D 

Thanks Enzo, I'll do my best. :) 

Steve.

• Like 1

Excellent news on the extension on this GB. I lost a bit of mojo around Christmas as we had a bereavement in the family so stuff to sort out but have begun to do decals and final painting/finishing stuff so I definitely will finish my first GB in over a year!

Davey.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Excellent news on the extension on this GB. I lost a bit of mojo around Christmas as we had a bereavement in the family so stuff to sort out but have begun to do decals and final painting/finishing stuff so I definitely will finish my first GB in over a year!

Davey.

My condolences for your loss, I’m happy the extension will help. I know too well that issue, sadly may be there myself too soon. 

Hi all, 

Hopefully finding some knowledgeable meteor types here.....

I am finding it difficult, nigh impossible to find any pictures of a 92 Sqn F8, other than the coronation machine with the yellow and red checks on the tail. I am wanting to do a standard sqn machine and have only found one grainy picture, not goo enough to make out the serials.

Any suggestions

kind regards

Paul

17 hours ago, Paulaero said:

Hi all, 

Hopefully finding some knowledgeable meteor types here.....

I am finding it difficult, nigh impossible to find any pictures of a 92 Sqn F8, other than the coronation machine with the yellow and red checks on the tail. I am wanting to do a standard sqn machine and have only found one grainy picture, not goo enough to make out the serials.

Any suggestions

kind regards

Paul

Lindsay's Cold war Shield Vol 1 illustrates several 92 aircraft, albeit many in the 8L codes they used before they adopted the red/yellow checks. Examples with checks are WH403/Q, and WF646/Y

Edited by Dave Fleming

I’ve posted my completed builds in the galleries and am continuing to work on the target tug version but I fear the complexity of the colour scheme will defeat me, as well as building the transfers from scratch. Though as a little taster this bright and chilly morning in the UK, here’s my completed trio all posing together. 

resized_4eeb64dc-94fd-44c2-bac7-ce3aacf6

resized_56eec1ca-5b32-45ec-bda3-e5bf0a2b

• Like 5

F2-E55589-DBBF-43-B5-8-A10-3-F2-A242-A95I got both Meteors finished today and they do make a handsome pair. Oddly I really enjoyed the Matchbox build but not so much the Airfix kit I felt it was trying to be too clever and fighting me at every step.

A big thank you to my Co hosts and all the modellers on the forum who participated I think we’ve had s great Group build.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Marklo said:

F2-E55589-DBBF-43-B5-8-A10-3-F2-A242-A95I got both Meteors finished today and they do make a handsome pair. Oddly I really enjoyed the Matchbox build but not so much the Airfix kit I felt it was trying to be too clever and fighting me at every step.

A big thank you to my Co hosts and all the modellers on the forum who participated I think we’ve had s great Group build.

Thanks for co-hosting and joining us with both builds. 

• Like 3

The poll is now open and will close on February 12th at 23:59.

2. @Andwil

3. @JOCKNEY

4. @mark.au

5. @TEMPESTMK5

6. @theplasticsurgeon

7.  @Davek72

8. @franky boy

9. @JosephLalor

10. @zebra

11. @LorenSharp

12. @klr

12a. @Wez