On 2/4/2022 at 9:35 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Airfix F.8 in 1/72 you say ? Is this new/re-pop ? 

Couple of years back I built the Xtrakit F8 in 1/72 which was made for Hannants by the Special Hobby/MPM family. Later I noticed that Airfix had re-boxed  and issued it for a short while. This however seems to be a new mould and hopefully will be a bit easier to assemble as the Xtrakit one had a slightly tricky undercarriage and you had to make your own supports for the mudguards. It did however come with alternative canopies, intakes and exhausts for early and late versions whilst the Airfix pre-release pics seem to show only an early version. I will be interested to see how it builds up.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luke1199 said:

Would love to get involved in this, I've had my eye on the Special Hobby Middle East Meteor kit for a while now- gives me a reason to finally get it lol

Hello and welcome, Ive added you to the list on page 1. We’ve got a few months yet so plenty of time to find a kit with all the A/M. An Israeli or Egyptian would  look good and I might also go that route ? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

An Israeli or Egyptian would  look good and I might also go that route ? 

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the blue and brown Israeli scheme after doing a Sa'ar in those colours, but like you said plenty of time to think about it 

• Like 2

I’ve got a Matchbox Meatbox in the stash just begging me to give it a go - having seen a couple pop up in the recent Matchbox GB I’ve been inspired to dig it out. I may even have a Modeldecal Meteor special somewhere… Better put my name down, then.

Nige

• Like 1

On 25/06/2022 at 03:31, Luke1199 said:

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the blue and brown Israeli scheme after doing a Sa'ar in those colours, but like you said plenty of time to think about it 

Why not spare yourself the agonies of choice and go for Israeli and Egyptian?

You know you want to...   :wicked: 

• Haha 4

Hello,

I follow 'brazilian_pilots' on Instagram and account has a load of inspirational picture of the Força Aérea Brasileira.

There is a nice selection of Brazilian Meteors on the FCM Decals sheets FCM48053.

Luiz built a nice one on Britmodeller:

THE BRAZILIAN GLOSTER METEOR - AIRFIX 1/48 SCALE. - Ready for Inspection - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

I have the Airfix kit so me down for a 1/48 Meteor F.8 - hopefully I could make something up to his standard. 

Put me down for a 1/48 Meteor F.8

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 1

@Corsairfoxfouruncle Are you going to try to create a list of who's doing what to see if we can cover all marks including prototypes like the Trent Meteor and prone pilot one? I'm assuming covering all operators might be a big ask for tracking as well as building.

Having just made it over the line in the Matchbox 50th Anniversary GB I'm starting to get excited about this one. I've loads of Meteor kits so if my proposed F(TT)8 is duplicated by someone else I could probably build a variant that's not otherwise being covered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Celestialsphere said:

James, some Brazilian Meteors have a Bendix AN/ARN-6 automatic direction finder on the upper fuselage. Based on the link in your post it looks like yours will need it, but you probably know more than I do. 

I didn't know that, so thank you.

James

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Celestialsphere said:

Hello,

I follow 'brazilian_pilots' on Instagram and account has a load of inspirational picture of the Força Aérea Brasileira.

There is a nice selection of Brazilian Meteors on the FCM Decals sheets FCM48053.

Luiz built a nice one on Britmodeller:

THE BRAZILIAN GLOSTER METEOR - AIRFIX 1/48 SCALE. - Ready for Inspection - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

I have the Airfix kit so me down for a 1/48 Meteor F.8 - hopefully I could make something up to his standard. 

Put me down for a 1/48 Meteor F.8

Cheers

Andrew

Hello Andrew … welcome to the build, Ive added you to the list on page one.

10 hours ago, rossm said:

@Corsairfoxfouruncle Are you going to try to create a list of who's doing what to see if we can cover all marks including prototypes like the Trent Meteor and prone pilot one? I'm assuming covering all operators might be a big ask for tracking as well as building.

Having just made it over the line in the Matchbox 50th Anniversary GB I'm starting to get excited about this one. I've loads of Meteor kits so if my proposed F(TT)8 is duplicated by someone else I could probably build a variant that's not otherwise being covered.

Hello Ross I hadn't thought of that, maybe if my co-host @JOCKNEY were to consider taking that on we might be able to ? Im going to be busy the rest of this year. Im hosting two builds (F-15 and Meteor STGB’s.) As well as co-hosting both the Revell/Monogram classic and the prototypes/racers/special schemes builds. 

8 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

@Enzo Matrix is it "legal" to link a for sale- post in a GB Chat? I know shopping must not be done here, but can we at least do this? Please remove if deemed inappropriate :blush:

Not sure but am thinking probably not, Its up to Enzo though ? 

• Like 2

On 2/19/2021 at 7:10 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

Great idea.  Count me in.

Airfix-Meteor.jpg

To complete as this one.

101-6997.jpg

16 previous 1/72 Meteors to declare, including this XtraKit T7, and XtraKit NF13, during the previous Meteor GB.

Shame-face tart than anything else. . .

Plan has changed.   In addition to the Blue T7.5 on the fourth page of this chat thread,

I've built this Rocket-armed F8 Reaper

Xtrakit-Meteor-F8-FS.jpg

Huge thanks to @BritJet, who printed decals for the red GAC company demo aircraft.   

New plan is to build these - all in red:

00-Revell-Meteor-F4.jpg

This as a Meteor T7 this time.  Red.

00-Boxart.jpg

And this as the Red Reaper.

00-MPM-Gloster-Meteor-F8.jpg

• Like 4

Would a HK models and Fisher F8 conversion which won’t get finished by the end date of the GB be acceptable?  Paul Parkes did me some 111 Sqn decals for it a while back so it’s overdue a start

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Would a HK models and Fisher F8 conversion which won’t get finished by the end date of the GB be acceptable?  Paul Parkes did me some 111 Sqn decals for it a while back so it’s overdue a start

Yes of course, In any build the rule of thumb is to have fun. There is no requirement to finish though. This is a hobby after all and its not doing a proper job if you're not enjoying it and relaxed. I have added you to the list on page 1. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

@JOCKNEY were to consider taking that on we might be able to ? Im going to be busy the rest of this year. Im hosting two builds (F-15 and Meteor STGB’s.) As well as co-hosting both the Revell/Monogram classic and the prototypes/racers/special schemes builds. 

I'm not very good on computers im afraid, sorry Dennis.

Do we have another more PC literate member of this GB who can fo it ?

I've got these two in the stash:

X2eNe9W.jpg

The plan is the top one is the main entrant for the GB and gets built as a Brazilian F8 (and the box is already stacked with the decals and some nice aftermarket bits). The bottom one is a more recent acquisition. If time allows, I'll add this as a second build and it'll be finished as one of the Isreali FR9's in the sand and blue scheme.

James

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2022 at 12:58, PeterB said:

Airfix pre-release pics seem to show only an early version. I will be interested to see how it builds up.

Are you sure?  These sprue shots show small and large bore intakes, both types of aileron and canopy...

For your entertainment I have attached a link to a YouTube video showing Meteors of the Força Aérea Brasileira.

It features air to air shots of F.8s and TF.7s, fly past views over Rio de Janeiro and a pass over what I think is Galeão Air Force Base in Rio’s Guanabara Bay.

It’s grainy, it is in sepia tones, and the (late 1950’s?) commentator rolls his Portuguese r’s with the best of them !

Enjoy

Andrew

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1