Blimey Tony, you're brave! Having seen your output in the Mustang GB this year, I'm sure you'll pull it off.

As for me, I'm throwing my hat in the ring for this one. I've found a nice set of decals for a Brazillian F8 machine in a nice tan/olive green/dark green camo over grey scheme, so I'll be building that from one of the Airfix 1:48 kits.

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, that’s great that this one got through. The October date suits me too. 

Now for a decision on weather to go Airfix in 1/48 or for one of the very nice new Special Hobby NF kits in 1/72. Well there’s enough time to procrastinate. 

James 

• Like 1

Hi Dennis, Can't remember if I had signed up for this one, so could I join please. I keep meaning to build a Meteor III of 504 Sqn in 1945. have the 1/72nd Cyberhobby kit and planning on using that. There do not appear to be any photos of the FIII on 504 Sqn markings at that time, but I have some serial code tie ups and a picture of a 245 Sqn aircraft with a suitable serial and code dated to just after the renumbering of 504.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Hi Dennis, Can't remember if I had signed up for this one, so could I join please. I keep meaning to build a Meteor III of 504 Sqn in 1945. have the 1/72nd Cyberhobby kit and planning on using that. There do not appear to be any photos of the FIII on 504 Sqn markings at that time, but I have some serial code tie ups and a picture of a 245 Sqn aircraft with a suitable serial and code dated to just after the renumbering of 504.

Ive added you to the list, welcome aboard with a nice choice. There is enough historical record showing their use. Though an exact photo isn't always necessary with the historical info & records. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I asked a question on Meteor drone controls in the Cold War section. Beyond this question,  @iainpeden was so kind to provide a link on the NF.14 WS788 restoration. Thank you Iain. I recommend taking a look if you have not seen it already. There is a lot of good images and interesting discussion and not just Meteor related.

Here is the link:

https://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=84893

Ray

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

I'll tentatively sign up with a Classic Airframes 1/48 T.7, markings TBD.

3 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

I’d like to provisionally join in with an FR9 in 1/72

Welcome aboard Gentlemen, with some very good choices. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I won't be participating in this GB but a while back Tony W gave me a bag of Aeroclub 1/72 bits he had rescued from a model shop which I think was closing down. Many of them were for Meteors so I have have  2 x V037 Meteor white metal undercarriages - main and nose legs/wheels, 4 x C017 vacuum moulded canopies for the Mk 7, and 2 x C020 canopies for the Mk 8 which has both early and a late version included. Tony hoped I could perhaps use them, but I don't see me building another Meteor in the foreseeable future so if they would be any use to anybody just drop me a PM and they are yours for the cost of postage.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 2