Well while having a small discussion in one of the ANZAC threads it occurred to me that more than a few of us are Meteor virgins, never built a meteor kit of any type. So its simple the last Meteor single type was at the end of 2015-16. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/537-gloster-meteor-single-type-group-build/

The long/short is anyone interested ? Every kit and scale eligible and all variants including the prone pilot test bed

1. corsairfoxfouruncle = Host

2. @Andwil

3. @JOCKNEY= Co-Host

4. @mark.au

5. @TEMPESTMK5

6. @theplasticsurgeon

7. @Davek72

8. @franky boy

9. @JosephLalor

10. @zebra

11. @LorenSharp

12. @klr

12a. (13) @Wez

14. @almac

15. @Marklo = Co-Host

16. @wellzy

17. @MarkSH

18. @Natter

19. @English Electric

20. @Graham T

21. @Black Knight

22. @stevehnz

23. @BritJet

24. @ColonelKrypton

🏴‍☠️25. @Adam Poultney

26. @DaveyGair

27. @mackem01

28. @Ray_W

29. @MattG

30. @rossm 

31. @Rob S

32. @Mr T

33. @gingerbob

34. @Bedders

35. @Paul Bradley

36. @Dave Fleming

37. @Moggy

38. @Selwyn

39. @Luke1199

40. @Celestialsphere

41.  @JohnT

42. @Back in the Saddle

43. @Julien

44. @Navy Bird

45. @planecrazee

♦️♦️♦️Just a heads up we have just three weeks until we start everyone ! ♦️♦️♦️

• Like 2

Certainly, put me down for one (or two)

AW

ps just noticed, post no. 2,222 - a whole flock of ducks!

Edited by Andwil
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Dennis

Count me in please..

Best Regards

Patrice

48 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Great idea.  Count me in.

Airfix-Meteor.jpg

To complete as this one.

101-6997.jpg

16 previous 1/72 Meteors to declare, including this XtraKit T7, and XtraKit NF13, during the previous Meteor GB.

Welcome aboard Gentlemen. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Davek72 said:

I’m in.  I only have about 6 kits in the stash so may have to purchase a few more.....

Welcome aboard, we have a couple of hurdles to clear before you’d need to worry about purchasing anything. All you've done is shown interest in this moving forward, no commitment other than that. We need 25 members interested to clear the first hurdle, which is getting a slot in the November group build voting. Once there we would need to clear a second hurdle. That would be to get enough votes to move into a time slot next year. Only then would you need worry about a kit and any aftermarket goodies. 

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome aboard, we have a couple of hurdles to clear before you’d need to worry about purchasing anything. All you've done is shown interest in this moving forward, no commitment other than that. We need 25 members interested to clear the first hurdle, which is getting a slot in the November group build voting. Once there we would need to clear a second hurdle. That would be to get enough votes to move into a time slot next year. Only then would you need worry about a kit and any aftermarket goodies. 

Sorry Dennis may have to go shopping just on the off chance, 😀

• Like 1

I didn't have any in the stash for a while, having built several over the years.

Then last year, I snaffled the Airfix Mk. III (original 1970 boxing) and the Matchbox NF Mk. 11/12/14, both second-hand, 5 Euro each. So I'm in.

Edited by klr
Wrong marks !!!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, klr said:

I didn't have any in the stash for a while, having built several over the years.

Then last year, I snaffled the Airfix Mk. III (original 1970 boxing) and the Matchbox NF Mk. 12/13/14, both second-hand, 5 Euro each. So I'm in.

Welcome aboard... Id love to have one of the Airfix kits. Ive got two of the Matchbox one is being built in the ANZAC build. The other I was going to finish off as a 13 in the Africa build, but its already to far gone to tear it apart. It was started as a N.F.14 and I need a 13 for that build. Different canopy makes it hard to change now. 

10 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome aboard... Id love to have one of the Airfix kits. Ive got two of the Matchbox one is being built in the ANZAC build. The other I was going to finish off as a 13 in the Africa build, but its already to far gone to tear it apart. It was started as a N.F.14 and I need a 13 for that build. Different canopy makes it hard to change now. 

I'm just looking at the original Matchbox instructions now - I built it as a Mk .14 back when it was first issued. I also made an error in my first post about the marks in the kit, which are 11, 12 and 14 (not 12, 13 and 14) - now corrected. But from what I read, the Mk. 13 is basically a tropicalised Mk. 11.

If you are looking for spare parts: I've rummaged through my spares box, and unfortunately I seem to have come up short. I still have the Mk. 11/12 canopy and upper fuselage, but the windscreen is broken, although maybe not irretrievably so. I have the Mk. 11 radome nose radome parts, but only one of the Mk. 11/12 intakes. I seem to recall cannibalising the other sometime ago.

• Like 1