Revell (ex Italeri) Ferrari 365 GTB4 Daytona

During a discussion on here the other week about this kit, I promised to post up some pics of mine.  Turned out that I had taken some pics of this and a couple of other older builds back in the summer which I haven't posted yet, so fortunately have some decent images of it since I am unable to take any at the moment due to the weather.

This is originally an Italeri kit, but this one is a Revell AG rebox from about 15 years ago.  I bought it at the time and probably started it about five years later.  However I messed up the bonnet as when gluing it to the hinges, the polystyrene cement created sink marks on the other side in the top surface of the bonnet so it got thrown back in the box for a while before I got around to looking at it again.  I think I eventually completed it only a couple of years ago, as I'd lost momentum on it due to the damage.  This is also why the bonnet is loose, rather than hinged...  In terms of the kit itself, it was relatively easy to build - from memory, I think I had to tweak the engine position in order to get it to sit low enough for the bonnet to fit, but otherwise I don't recall any issues that weren't my own fault!

Anyhow, here's the pics.

y4mbqLze0NBoTtYYIq8lon1TYstIAIbisRXsC2iH

y4mD0WnvdDg3B6yggaTi6N68UqMFXKWCzJ1A3-on

y4mxPQQXSg3bPFDVUUASX-b-74GWE5eh7mp8Mou0

y4m2oQ-OrrYMUBtfczIJgeZmup05onnUfbKAIVw8

y4mYpvrRvJzYgahepwcKSLlBt2gGfD9KoY6TQERQ

y4mnnMRb1YenyN_UXWq3jm1yP6ZnUAbLfMrG5Xuw

y4m_S_84ni4lbxa_IDuloSJB1gWQxfUtp6Jbdvyj

y4mECtlMcQYopOqpJkEoUUJREsGCQJddU4Tz2R45

y4mGmn-Oe49g_l-J9lR8GRSEsl67nFsiOAk3gPvI

y4mlsImpAZE55EVipLFmRXhM_KHiigmzFCo8L4mg

y4mDA0QYFMnZJwVesovmkttXOlgM7Y_gieS82Ey5y4mDiEi3_KwT9swqE0HMWVVlpRBmM8woZLACwXHWy4myw-G6a57qpQWpI-S2I-ZtWo88Ul1j_I8zjeQ9y4mPgB7rywOnlunyEOEIrT7sv8cSgDRdOqb7-nBqy4mKh_TCWMCjzpTn7-kOTxYP25IBvPEMp9qn26_q

y4mqbnbANJKZezT3iK-EJKgbNb24W4x9pg-w_AmI

• Like 17

Paul, that is just stunning, I hope my Airfix boxing of this kit turns out half as well.  The wire wheels look better from some angles than others but that's more down to the nature of the kit (and possibly my bias against Daytonas on wire wheels).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That is beautiful, no doubt unobtainium as well, it is a kit I had no idea existed.

Steve.

I had no idea either, then the Airfix version popped up on eBay and wasn't that expensive.

• Like 1

Definitely a good job you finished it - never mind the bonnet being loose, it still looks good (can you say anything else about a Daytonea?) The only thing I don't like about it (and this is a kit issue rather than anything you've done) is why did Italeri/Revell give it those off-road tyres. Apart from that, its one to be proud of.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just pulled out of my stash my two Fujimi enthusiast  365s, the coupe and the spyder. Am seriously considering building these as a pair, quite soon.

Just need time to clear the bench of some current work... :whistle:

Alan.