Romanian national insignia size for 1/72 Ju.88 & He.111

Wm Blecky

I was looking at ordering some of Radu's 1/72 Romanian national insignia decals for a Ju.88 and He.111.  I see that he offers 860mm and 960mm sizes.  I did email Radu and am waiting on hearing back.  In the meantime though, could anyone perhaps answer this question?  I had thought that if his 1/72 insignia sets are too small, perhaps one of his 1/48 sets may provide a better solution.

TIA

spacer.png

Is RB productions still delivering products? My understanding was that they don`t and that Radu claims to have nothing to do with it anymore:

You may want to doublecheck on that.

Regarding the crosses, there is an old discussion on a Romanian forum about the He-111H3 no.5:

http://www.cartula.ro/forum/topic/1223-he111-h3-nr5-arr/page__view__findpost__p__145980

The conclusion there is that the fusellage crosses should be the regular 960mm crosses which you can take from the dedicated 1/72 set and the wings crosses would be about 1960 mm in reality which means 27.2mm in 1/72 scale so you should use the 960mm set made for the 1/32 scale.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Fin said:

Is RB productions still delivering products? My understanding was that they don`t and that Radu claims to have nothing to do with it anymore:

You may want to doublecheck on that.

Oh?  I hadn't heard.  Fantasy Printshop still offers his decals though.

I'll pick up that sheet you recommended. 👍

Any suggestions for the Ju.88?

Edited by Wm Blecky