1/48 Avro Lancaster Family from HK Models !

AlCZ

40 minutes ago, Finn said:

Hi Jari

could you check this link as it gives me a 403 error when I click on it

cheers Ali

Hey guys! Would anyone who has the kit and isn't building the 'S for Sugar' markings mind sending me the decal for the big starboard 'S'? More than happy to pay for it and pay for postage, of course. I *might* have put a big finger on mine while it was wet during the maneuvering of this rather large beast and it may or may not have ended up looking like tagliatelle stuck to my fingertip...

If anyone can help out, give me a message! Thanks! 😀

Just tried to search for Lancaster Worthpoint as suggested above. Seems to be an ebay thing and want your money and details first.

Anyone got a better result?

Or what is the considered opinion now the pkastic is out regarding the canopy and the rest of the model please?

MITA.

This is good "nitpicking". On modeling news or Polish model web are "Lanc" build and look as Lancaster. I don't see inaccuracy. Life is too short a make stress with not exist problems...

But still not Grand Slam /Tallboy special or Dambuster. In 1/32 have Specials in one box...

• Like 1

I love nitpicking about details and shapes as the next member, and I would be really interested if part X of model kit Y is slightly off, but I think we should have some evidence (comparison kit parts to scale drawings, real-world measurements, and to some extent photos) before speculating about it further.

So far, I have seen no evidence that there is anything wrong with the dimensions of the canopy of the HK Lancaster. If something does come up, I'd be most interested :)

On 03/09/2021 at 16:26, LooseSeal said:

Hey guys! Would anyone who has the kit and isn't building the 'S for Sugar' markings mind sending me the decal for the big starboard 'S'? More than happy to pay for it and pay for postage, of course. I *might* have put a big finger on mine while it was wet during the maneuvering of this rather large beast and it may or may not have ended up looking like tagliatelle stuck to my fingertip...

If anyone can help out, give me a message! Thanks! 😀

@LooseSeal If you don't have any luck here, I'd suggest the wanted section, but your post count is too low yet. If no-one can supply the decal, try making a mask or having one made. HTH.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, supersonic said:

Does anyone know if there will be a later release with a Dambuster version?

Hans

Dambuster seems logical, since they did it in 1/32 but only HK know for sure and they aren’t telling so far. A release with the bulged bomb bay for the Tallboy and 12000lb HC bombs would be nice too, since Tamiya didn’t do those versions either.

11 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Dambuster seems logical, since they did it in 1/32 but only HK know for sure and they aren’t telling so far. A release with the bulged bomb bay for the Tallboy and 12000lb HC bombs would be nice too, since Tamiya didn’t do those versions either.

...yep Tallboy would be great too...

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2021 at 12:09 PM, LooseSeal said:

Just resurrecting this thread to ask people have got the kit - is there anything wrong with your canopy? Mine had a slight fracture running down where the pilot would look out of, not a huge one but a bit irritating given its prominent position. I asked for a replacement, which arrived today.... and behold the exact same fracture in the exact same place. So I'm wondering if this is a manufacturing issue and they're all the same, or if I should ask for yet another replacement.

It’s too squat, which is a shame. If the  pilots seat is correct and at the right height it shouldn’t fit. Have a look on YouTube (Nigel’s Modelling Bench). He’s done a fix by merging parts of the HK and Tamiya canopies!

Edited by avro683
Extra text.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:15 PM, Adam Poultney said:

I was just looking on this thread to see if anyone had asked this question and if not ask it myself

The upper surface of both wings has the top cowling panel attached. Nothing that a quick slash or two with a razor saw can’t fix.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 04/09/2021 at 08:15, elger said:

I love nitpicking about details and shapes as the next member, and I would be really interested if part X of model kit Y is slightly off, but I think we should have some evidence (comparison kit parts to scale drawings, real-world measurements, and to some extent photos) before speculating about it further.

So far, I have seen no evidence that there is anything wrong with the dimensions of the canopy of the HK Lancaster. If something does come up, I'd be most interested :)

The clear parts are way too shallow: Nigel (below) combined a Tamiya Lancaster main clear part with the HK top or something like that, then gave up on Video 13: The four cowl fronts should be the same, but HK made them completely different from inners to outers... Brilliant.

Epic face palm at 39:22 below (he never came back to it since): The four twin exhausts are drastically different in length from inners to outers: Again they should all be the same...:

His comments don't make me want to buy the kit at all. Poor guy.

How is the old Tamiya kit then?

Would be a viable option instead? (not a dambuster version, I know...)

• 2 months later...