1/48 Avro Lancaster Family from HK Models !

AlCZ

26 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Sci-fi modellers too.

Tommo.

I've gone for lighting for aircraft before - cockpits, cabin, strobes, nav lights etc. - but no mechanics. At least not since I put a motor into a 1/72 Sea King as a kid to get the rotors spinning and nearly took my hand off. I do like what they've done with this kit though.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a 32nd scale resin upgrade seat for the HK 32nd Lancaster.

Unfortunately its rather small for their 32nd Lancaster so I popped on the 48th scale pilot figure from the old Tamiya kit . . . :doh:

Tamiya-figure-32nd-seat.jpg

Looks like I may have inadvertently got myself a resin upgrade on the 48th scale HK Lancaster :hmmm:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Where did you order from and where do you live in the world, just curious

HLJ (Hobby Link Japan) and I’m in Canada. I’m betting I have the first and only 1/48 HK Lancaster in Canada. I paid $125 Cdn, which is converted to 72 GBP (plus shipping). At least I haven’t heard anyone else bragging about having one, in fact all the model boards have been quiet since all the excitement over the announced release.

• Like 1

Looking at that build, my life long obsession with 1/32 might be receding somewhat , that looks to be a superb kit , and light years ahead of the ancient Tamiya one, I certainly  can see one of these in my future 

• Like 1

On 22/04/2021 at 01:09, Scooby said:

HLJ (Hobby Link Japan) and I’m in Canada. I’m betting I have the first and only 1/48 HK Lancaster in Canada. I paid $125 Cdn, which is converted to 72 GBP (plus shipping). At least I haven’t heard anyone else bragging about having one, in fact all the model boards have been quiet since all the excitement over the announced release.

Is it finished yet? :)

11 hours ago, One 48 said:

Is it finished yet? :)

Sadly no, I’m working on what I can. I’m afraid I’m a slave to after market parts. I’m waiting for them to release. I’m building what sub assemblies I can.

I may just use the Tamiya sets I have.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2021 at 13:02, Adam Poultney said:

Think I will sit this one out, 1/48 is pretty huge when it's a Lanc, easily the display space for another 1/72 Vulcan

Despite what I said earlier (above) I might have to change my mind since Airfix isn't exactly in a rush to release the new triangle....

and I am getting a 1/32 Lancaster anyway so might as well do the 1/48 at some point

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Despite what I said earlier (above) I might have to change my mind since Airfix isn't exactly in a rush to release the new triangle....

and I am getting a 1/32 Lancaster anyway so might as well do the 1/48 at some point

That's what I've done.

Bought a HK 1/32 Dambuster Lanc, getting a B.Mk I in 1/32 as well is just totally out of the question space wise here, so opted for their 1/48 upcoming kit for mid upper turret goodness, its paid for and on pre-order, shouldn't be long now :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, One 48 said:

That's what I've done.

Bought a HK 1/32 Dambuster Lanc, getting a B.Mk I in 1/32 as well is just totally out of the question space wise here, so opted for their 1/48 upcoming kit for mid upper turret goodness, its paid for and on pre-order, shouldn't be long now :)

I'm going for the B.Mk I, I'll be doing just about the most un-notable Lancaster I can find with no nose art or anything. Probably this one, NN696. 

Lancaster_NN696_57_Sqn.jpg

• Like 1

On 30/04/2021 at 13:26, 593jones said:

Just had an email from Rails of Sheffield to say my Lancaster has been despatched :yahoo:  I just hope I can intercept it before SWMBO or she may make her displeasure known :fight:

The 1:48 one? Others are saying end of May!

Rails' website saying on order - does that mean in stock?

Just looked at the Pocketbond/Bachmann website (UK Importer) and they still say awaiting too

Edited by IT_Man

23 minutes ago, IT_Man said:

The 1:48 one? Others are saying end of May!

Rails' website saying on order - does that mean in stock?

Just looked at the Pocketbond/Bachmann website (UK Importer) and they still say awaiting too

Well, mine arrived today!    spacer.png

gT6GoR4.jpg

I wonder if perhaps they received enough to fulfil the pre-orders and are now waiting for new stock?

• Like 7

Possibly delivery problems for an "en masse" style release of even pre-orders too in these crazy times, but its not as if I don't have an enough to build just now, mine will be here soon, quite sure of that ... and then it will be the anticipation of Tamiya's Phantom I'll anxiously wait, its never ending, LOL

1 hour ago, SleeperService said:

Have the wings been moulded without the engine nacelles? A Lanc Mk.II would be nice.

The wings come with just the upper part of the cowling moulded with the upper wing as can be seen on the sprue chart, the nacelles are separate. 

Fprnp6d.jpg

We will (should) be getting more types as the box has 'Avro Lancaster Series' printed on it, so that will presumably be the Dambuster aircraft, possibly a Grand Slam version, and after that, who knows?  I don't imagine a B.ll would be beyond the bounds of possibility, it would certainly be nice and I would buy one.  Mind you, I still haven't built my Airfix B.ll yet!

What did surprise me, as I said on another post, is that the rear turret does not have any doors.  The turret is a single, clear moulding with an opening in the back.  However, there are no doors to fit there :shrug:  I've heard of the clear perspex panel in front of the gunner being removed for clarity of vision, but I've never heard of the doors being removed.  Not a problem to sort it with plastic card, but it really shouldn't be necessary.

Edited by 593jones
  • Like 2