1:72 F-86F-30 SABRE

Fozzy

Hi everyone

Although I am not new to the forums here..... I don't often dabble in building kits as usually I scratch build my models. However due to lock down and the fact that I can't travel home to my workshop I decided to have a go at a kit.

The first thing I had to do was get some basic tools together ..plus paints ,brushes glue etc as I don't have anything here in UK. Then permission was obtained from my wife to use her lounge table with some news papers adorned in case of accidents!

I then searched on good old Amazon for a kit and found a nice little 1:72 F-86F Sabre by Hobbyboss for under a tenner!.. I have never built anything from this company but thought I'd give it a go!

I'm glad I did!......I totally forgot the shear pleasure of building a simple kit....I also forgot that I didn't have all my tools and especially my airbrush set up!.....I looked at the tins of Humbrol paints and the hairy brushes with dread!....cannot remember the last time I hand painted a model so Kudos to all you guys out there who can manage it!....not easy!

Anyway.....I built this straight from the box....no added detail ....using Humbrol paints with a brush. ....what a great little kit!

20210204-145407.jpg

20210204-145812.jpg

Here is the completed model on a makeshift cardboard base that Amazon sent the kit in!!

1_72_SCALE_F86F_SABRE.jpg

Looks like I will be here in UK for quite a while so looking forward to my next kit!

Cheers for looking in

Fozzy

• Like 30

That's a nice little model!  The brushed-on bare metal looks perfect, Humbrol has always been the best for brush painting.

I'm glad you could make some productive use of the down time and enjoy building a simple kit.

Can any Sabre boffins verify the accuracy of the kit?  I've a Sabre-shaped hole in the stash and I'm wondering how to fill it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys

As I mentioned it was a real pleasure to build a kit!...not having to worry about accuracy like when I'm scratch building (not sure how accurate this kit is.....but it looks the part!)

Stay safe everyone

Fozzy