Challenger 2 MBT Ready for Inspection

Without too much babbling, here is the final product. Went with a traditional paint job to pay homage to the original camo seen shortly after 1994, and a slight wink at the BAE Systems upgraded Chally.  Those who wish to see the build process (WIP) and my other challenger projects:

Enjoy the Photos!

spacer.png

Edit; some more photos with the chally in its natural habitat. Well its 35x bigger than this models habitat but nature is the best diorama in my opinion ;) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

A giant car chasing the challenger about.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The paint job looking more accurate in the more usual British weather as opposed to the sunny pictures as seen below.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by British Army Platforms
More Photos
  • Like 19

On 19/02/2021 at 17:50, British Army Platforms said:

Incase anyone was wondering, I did weather the tracks and underbelly.spacer.png

Hi Erk,

I see that you are very interested in British vehicles, and you may be interested in seeing a photo of one of my models published in the forum, which is very close to yours, it is a Takom Chieftain Mk2 at 1/35, in the WIP At the end, you can see some photos of its underbelly, and in the finished RFI, lower parts of the hull and the tracks, as well as already on a base.
I hope to help you,
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL

5 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Erk,

I see that you are very interested in British vehicles, and you may be interested in seeing a photo of one of my models published in the forum, which is very close to yours, it is a Takom Chieftain Mk2 at 1/35, in the WIP At the end, you can see some photos of its underbelly, and in the finished RFI, lower parts of the hull and the tracks, as well as already on a base.
I hope to help you,
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Hi Francis,

Wow what a very talented pair of hands you have. Fantastic build. You could suggest the tanks we built were relatives with the paint job and mud location. Although that wouldn’t be quite accurate as yours is so much better weathered and placed in a fantastic diorama. Thanks so much for the reference, I will certainly use this when I come to finishing off my next models. 

glad to have you on board 👌.

BAP

• Thanks 1