Nakajima B6N2 "Tenzan" Hasegawa 1/48°

After the "Saiun" posted recently, here is one of the second generation IJN plane. As the B5N2 "Kate" was becoming more and more obsolete, Japan produced this big machine as a replacement. The Jill was a good airplane but the level of the Japanese pilots by 44 had dropped considerably. This plane was boarded on the IJN Zuikaku and the kanji character in the middle of the Hinomaru is in relation with the pilot's name. Those characters were often draw with chalk, the purpose being to identify the plane during training flights. Hasegawa has done a great job on this model, but I have riveted the whole plane and used the Eduard'specific photo etch sheet, and a Falcon canopy to have thin transparencies. As usual no masks, note that the Nakajima green is a very dark one, and the underside grey is a bit greenish. Paints are Mr Color laquers.

36869919155_99782ca0fb_b.jpgDSC_0001 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

36699212052_a4f22f873e_b.jpgDSC_0002 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

36035747964_365b143e94_b.jpgDSC_0003 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

36869888765_c99bde7b36_b.jpgDSC_0004 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

36473704060_4320304823_b.jpgDSC_0006 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

36035638634_ebba52724c_b.jpgDSC_0007 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

36035562784_e414670753_b.jpgDSC_0008 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

36473723250_f38fbea71a_b.jpgDSC_0005 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

• Like 45
  • Thanks 1

Very nice build of a plane not often seen! Always nice to see these big late-war Japanese birds. Just the right amount of weathering too, looks very realistic.

8 hours ago, Josip said:

It would look even better had you choose to open the ventral machine gun position. 

Always closed on the ground. It would have broken the line of the fuselage, so......

Edited by Zigomar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Hello JeanMi! No amazing Grace, as too few were produced.

- Yes indeed, an handfull were used in the last days of WW II JAPAN, mostly in non return flight. In the last two "Avions" magazines there was purposedly a good feature article about it.

- It could be interesting to see her next to an Avenger in your show case for comparison. She had a Samouraï look compared to the turkey fom Grumman

Gosh darn it Jean...........your artistic skills are superb.  I like the rarely seen subject and you did it proud with this outstanding work of art.  My compliments!!!!! :worthy:

Mike

6 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

- Yes indeed, an handfull were used in the last days of WW II JAPAN, mostly in non return flight. In the last two "Avions" magazines there was purposedly a good feature article about it.

- It could be interesting to see her next to an Avenger in your show case for comparison. She had a Samouraï look compared to the turkey fom Grumman

I read Avions too and I agree with you on the subject.