Hasegawa 1/72 EF-111A Raven

Pappy

G'day people,

This is my just completed EF-111A 'Spark Vark' "Mistress of Deception" completed for the Gulf War GB.

The WIP is here:

This is my Hasegawa EF-111A, AF66050 "Mistress of Deception" on strength with the 42nd ECS at Upper Heyford as she appeared in Feb'91 whilst deployed for Desert Shield/Storm. the Hasegawa kit is superb and as expected is crisply moulded and fits very well generally. The Hasegawa F-111 family of kits remain the most accurate F-111 kits in any scale. No aftermarket was harmed during the construction of the kit apart from the decal sheet.

I did add the ejection initiation handles,  nuclear flash curtains and egress RBF streamers to the cockpit as these items were not included and can be seen through the canopy.

013(28).JPG

012(35).JPG

002(71).JPG

I also added the two local Mach pitot probes from scratch

No aftermarket was harmed during the construction of the kit apart from the decal sheet. I did add the ejection initiation handles,  nuclear flash curtains and egress RBF streamers to the cockpit as these items were not included and can be seen through the canopy. I also added the two local Mach pitot probes from scratch

025(3).JPG

024(4).JPG

023(5).JPG

021(6).JPG

020(9).JPG

016(18).JPG

015(21).JPG

014(23).JPG

003(74).JPG

001(78).JPG

005(69).JPG

No aftermarket was harmed during the construction of the kit apart from the decal sheet. I did add the ejection initiation handles,  nuclear flash curtains and egress RBF streamers to the cockpit as these items were not included and can be seen through the canopy. I also added the two local Mach pitot probes from scratch

thanks for looking

Pappy

• Like 61

2 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

That’s beautifully done pappy, great detail OOB, that pipe work painting is superb, good job!

G'day FB, thanks very much. As nice as the painting is, very little can be seen once the u/c and speed brake is intsalled

43 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

I need to get one of the Hasegawa F-111s. Your model is the inspiration.  

Do it, you won't regret it!

Pappy

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

Beautiful model well done 👏 

Thanks Homer

2 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Excellent looking Raven 👍

When I build mine I'm planning on folding the wings so it will be interesting to see how well the slats and flaps fit in the up position.

Cheers Tbolt.

You will have a little work ahead of you. The slats and flaps do fit retracted but the wings slots for the flaps and slats will need a little sanding to ensure all the bits fit neatly

• Like 2

21 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

Pappy,

TOP NOTCH build.

Mighty IMPRESSIVE  build.

:thumbsup:

:clap:   :wow:

20 hours ago, russ c said:

Great looking `Sparkvark`, really nice work

17 hours ago, swralph said:

Lovely build Pappy.😀

13 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Excellent modelling, great stuff !

Wulfman

Thank you very much fellas, I appreciate the comments

Pappy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimmyg352 said:

That's a cracking build! 

I've just done the old Monogram one which I was going to post on here but after seeing yours.......I've decided not to. 

Ahh go on Jimmy, poste 'em up anyway, you can never have too many F-111s, don't be shy!

13 hours ago, DAG058 said:

Really nicely done!

12 hours ago, phildagreek said:

Very smart!

2 minutes ago, RMCS said:

Excellent 

Thanks very much, I am glad you like my  'vark

Pappy

The Hasegawa 1/72 F-111s were great when they first came out and have held up very well over the years.

I built their RAAF F-111G kit many years ago, which was a reissue of their FB-111, and I very much enjoyed it.

You've done a great job on the "Spark Vark"

On 2/21/2021 at 12:38 AM, Sky Keg said:

It looks great Pappy.  The one you have shared with us looks exactly like the types I was around when I served.  Your attention to detail is first rate.

:goodjob: :clap2:

Mike

Cheers Mike, high praise form someone who actually worked on them, thank you very much

On 2/21/2021 at 1:39 AM, upnorth said:

The Hasegawa 1/72 F-111s were great when they first came out and have held up very well over the years.

I built their RAAF F-111G kit many years ago, which was a reissue of their FB-111, and I very much enjoyed it.

You've done a great job on the "Spark Vark"

G'day UN, I have built their G kit as well and also enjoyed it immensely,

thanks,

Pappy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks Pappy - excellent model of the mistress.

Not a modellar, just happened to stumble on the site and being the former crew dog of 66050, had to say very impressive!

I remember being in Saudi when an avionics dude came up with the design as asked if was okay to paint it.

Still have the video when we launched our jets from Heyford for the last time back to the states and closing 42 ECS, the "Old Crow" led the way!

Thanks for the memories!  James A. Low, Crew Chief 66050