Posted elsewhere by still lacking a response. Posting pictures. How To? I do not have a hosting site.

There are 25 pages on this subject in the above link.  The short answer is you'll need to get an account with a picture hosting service if you want to post pictures.  I have a Flickr free account and it serves very well.

Or use One Drive that come with Windows 10 (if using that).

That can also be used as a hosting service - All the pictures I've posted recently are using MS One Drive.

(I believe that there are instructions in the link explaining how to use one drive as a hosting service)

Appreciated. The RCTANKWARFARE supports direct uploads. This is the first site I've used in years that required hosting. It simply makes it more difficult when covering a blow by blow build.

5 hours ago, Capt Keith said:

Appreciated. The RCTANKWARFARE supports direct uploads. This is the first site I've used in years that required hosting. It simply makes it more difficult when covering a blow by blow build.

Thousands of us have managed to do it, of all ages and technical abilities.  So, just read up on it, get beyond the "what others do", find a hosting site and join it.  Then start showing us your work in progress.

Simples.

Mike

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bootneck said:

Thousands of us have managed to do it, of all ages and technical abilities.  So, just read up on it, get beyond the "what others do", find a hosting site and join it.  Then start showing us your work in progress.

Simples.

Mike

I did indeed join Flickr. I'm an airline pilot. I am not technology challenged.  I just find it adds extra work that no other site I utilize requires.  I appreciate the response. I did post my Sherman VC in the Inspection portion of the forum. 

On 17/02/2021 at 20:35, Capt Keith said:

I had planned to post a build. It appears there is no direct way to attach them. Help or a link to instruction would be appreciated. I do not use Facebook or Instagram.

This pinned thread by Gorby has tons of info regarding hosting choices, start a Google blog, it's in effect free picture hosting ;)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Capt Keith said:

I did indeed join Flickr. I'm an airline pilot. I am not technology challenged.  I just find it adds extra work that no other site I utilize requires.  I appreciate the response. I did post my Sherman VC in the Inspection portion of the forum. 

Other than a couple of other forums that I am or have been a member of, all require a hosting site. Some of the forums that had their own hosting or allowed hot links have either gone under, being unable to afford the cost or were screwed over by malware.

Everywhere else uses off-site hosting. It is what it is!

Chris

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2021 at 11:37, bootneck said:

Simples.

Mike

I have indeed joined a hosting site, Hobby Photo Host, and it works fine provided you click on 'Direct.'  Then copy and paste OR Insert image from URL.

Not being a smart phone user but a camera man, I have found that setting it's 'quality' to 'S' (for small)spacer.png helps things along as nobody on these sites wants pixel heavy pictures!

Edited by Charlie Keyes
New information

On 17/02/2021 at 20:35, Capt Keith said:

Help or a link to instruction would be appreciated. I do not use Facebook or Instagram.

Hi, I use village.photos, it has always been reliable and it is free, you just have to dodge the adverts .........

adey

23 minutes ago, adey m said:

Hi, I use village.photos, it has always been reliable and it is free, you just have to dodge the adverts .........

adey

Yes, me too. Look in the FAQ's and you will find "an idiot's guide to using Village Photos". Even I can follow that. Oh, 'ang on, I wrote it!

John.

• Haha 4

Trouble with links is people won't bother clicking on it to just get redirected somewhere else. I know I don't, if the person can't be bothered to set up a hosting site that allows me to see the pictures straight away, why should I bother to click and get redirected and wait for images to appear

But then I am getting grumpy in my old age 😀

• Like 2