Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk iXc

My final build for a while (my wife wants her dining table back.....a bit unfair!!) Spitfire Mk iXc No 416 Squadron RCAF May 1944. Straight out of the box with no extras. I really enjoyed this one and it went together really well with very few problems, other than snapping the undercarriage strut whilst putting the decals on 😤 So had to use the superglue. Hope I’ve done a reasonable job 👍😊

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

I hate to side with your missus, but a 1/32 Spit would be quite an obstacle to pass the peas around.  😄

Nice model, hope you had fun building it.

Thanks Jackson, I think I’m banished for a while........I’ve hijacked the table for 6 weeks now 🤷‍♂️😊

• Haha 1

SWMBO'd. I'm sure you can placate her allowing another model to be built? I had to repaint the kitchen cupboards under the following formula. 1 Model (any scale) = 3 kitchen cupboards!  A beaufighter, He111, 2  x Jugs, a B17 and a Defiant later.. task completed! She is very understanding..😊

Well it's a very nice model indeed! Thank You for sharing it with everyone!. 

Edited by Col Walter E Kurtz
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

SWMBO'd. I'm sure you can placate her allowing another model to be built? I had to repaint the kitchen cupboards under the following formula. 1 Model (any scale) = 3 kitchen cupboards!  A beaufighter, He111, 2  x Jugs, a B17 and a Defiant later.. task completed! She is very understanding..😊

Well it's a very nice model indeed! Thank You for sharing it with everyone!. 

I’m working on it......she’ll come round if I buy her a bottle of Gin!! 👍🥴

2 hours ago, Spitfire 123 said:

Very nice build, great finish 👍👍

Riley

Thank you Riley 👍😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice build, I served in the modern day 416 (Hornets) so I have a soft spot for Lynx aircraft. I also got to know Stocky Edwards, one of our wartime commanders, who has amazing stories from the war (On VE Day he commanded a formation of 110 Spitfires during a Victory Flypast). He is still with us, living in his own home at 99 years of age in amazing health with his wartime bride!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rossco_builds said:

Amazing mate! Absolutely stunning work and pictures of it to boot! 🙌🙌 

Thank you 👍😊

41 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Nice build, I served in the modern day 416 (Hornets) so I have a soft spot for Lynx aircraft. I also got to know Stocky Edwards, one of our wartime commanders, who has amazing stories from the war (On VE Day he commanded a formation of 110 Spitfires during a Victory Flypast). He is still with us, living in his own home at 99 years of age in amazing health with his wartime bride!

Wow, amazing story Scooby 👍😊