What's next ?

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

Either one from me. I have Revell's offering of Goodwin so it would be interesting to see Ark's kit but I think I'd prefer the Chinese Cruiser as I'll never be building one.

Stuart

Stuart

I agree. The cruiser looks interesting and I do like these steam punk ships. The lightship looks a bit of a crude kit, so will probably need a bit of extra work.

The lightship is the old FROG offering but Atlantic Models do do and etched detail set for it. It would also look really cool lit up. I am intrigued by the cruiser though.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Martian said:

The lightship is the old FROG offering but Atlantic Models do do and etched detail set for it. It would also look really cool lit up. I am intrigued by the cruiser though.

Martian 👽

I’m definitely on the lean towards the cruiser. I was surprised how few parts are in the lightship box, the moulding does look fairly sharp, bit of flash but nothing outstanding. I’ve bought the PE from Atlantic Models, amazing service, ordered it on Tuesday and received it on Wednesday.

https://atlanticmodels.net/

Jon

Think I'm with everyone else here in that I'd go with the cruiser though I do remember building the lightship back in the 70s and delighting in the fact that it came in red plastic so I didn't need to paint it!

On 18/02/2021 at 12:54, Martian said:

Martian 👽

Lighting it would be really cool.  You can get some really bright LEDs these day that I am sure would fit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

Think I'm with everyone else here in that I'd go with the cruiser though I do remember building the lightship back in the 70s and delighting in the fact that it came in red plastic so I didn't need to paint it!

Lighting it would be really cool.  You can get some really bright LEDs these day that I am sure would fit.

I’ve started the cruiser, so the lightship will join the stash. Unfortunately, it’s mould in grey plastic, so will require copious amounts of red paint. I hadn’t thought of lighting it, but it might be worth a bit of consideration.

Jon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faraway said:

I’ve started the cruiser, so the lightship will join the stash. Unfortunately, it’s mould in grey plastic, so will require copious amounts of red paint. I hadn’t thought of lighting it, but it might be worth a bit of consideration.

Jon

A good coat of white primer will greatly reduce the number of coats of red paint you need.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martian said:

A good coat of white primer will greatly reduce the number of coats of red paint you need.

Martian 👽

I agree, I like red better than white as a top coat. I did consider red primer.

Jon

7 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

It would be a doddle. Even I with my very limited electrical skills could do it and probably will one day.

Electrically Challenged of Mars 👽

• Haha 1