Seafire LF MkIII, `S 115`, 887/894 NAS, HMS Indefatigable, British Pacific Fleet

Howdy all,

Just come to bother you with some photo`s of my latest completion

78Q8ONq.jpg

My attempt at Special Hobby`s 1/48 MkIII Seafire kit

pBsiXcx.jpg

Finished in the markings of an aircraft, probably 887 Sq, aboard HMS Indefatigable with the British Pacific Fleet

vOFHgrO.jpg 

Inspired by a photo I found on `Armoured Carriers` website, which when I saw the asymetrical markings on the wing, couldn`t resist attempting

X4VDT7r.jpg

The kit is built straight OOB and went together quite well, I had a lot less trouble than I did with their Spitfire VC

kXQe32R.jpg

Just getting the cockpit to sit straight in the fuselage gave me any trouble

d6UE9AU.jpg

Decals are some of the kits and some from the stash

DAoi9mt.jpg

Many thanks to: 112 Squadron@ , Seahawk@ , Graham Boak@ , iang@ and Peter Roberts@ for their help and suggestions on my post in Discussion by Era WWII.

6Dz9sMw.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pic`s, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 58
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Pete in a shed said:

Very nice job Russ. I've not seen the scheme or that style of roundel before. Do you know the origins of that style? was it a one off?

Cheers

Pete

Thanks Pete, 

I guess it was just that they didn`t bother painting over the previous markings fully. I couldn`t find any pic`s of others Seafires painted so, but I would think that some would have been at some point. I found 2 photo`s in total that could have been the same aircraft or not, here`s a link to my previous post with both pic`s included.

Cheers Russ

• Thanks 1

Lovely Seafire, Russ. And a great setting for it.

Earlier this afternoon I was watching a programme callled Spitfire Voices. An hour long documentary featuring Pilots, Restorers and people who were at Supermarine.

Lots of display shots from modern times and pretty much the usual wartime stuff. Except for the view from an Island on an unknown carrier.

There is a Seafire with just those wing markings revving up to go! I didn't notice any others but it's a brief clip. And I'd never seen them before either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gR8i20EQXQ

Found it. Enjoy. Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Lovely Seafire, Russ. And a great setting for it.

Earlier this afternoon I was watching a programme callled Spitfire Voices. An hour long documentary featuring Pilots, Restorers and people who were at Supermarine.

Lots of display shots from modern times and pretty much the usual wartime stuff. Except for the view from an Island on an unknown carrier.

There is a Seafire with just those wing markings revving up to go! I didn't notice any others but it's a brief clip. And I'd never seen them before either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gR8i20EQXQ

Found it. Enjoy. Pete

Thanks Pete, I watched the clip but didn`t see the Seafire, maybe the clips part of a series that make up the full documentary?  I`ll probably come across it some time.

Glad you like it.

Cheers Russ  

• Like 1

Very nice Russ - I've got this one sitting in the queue - hope it turns out half as well as yours!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

It is nice to see your project completed after you invested quite a lot of effort to research that individual Seafire. You really created a masterpiece Russ. 👏 I also like the flight deck display.

Edited by 112 Squadron
  • Thanks 1