AMT Surf Woody

PatW

I have built a few of these over the last five years or so.

photo-th.jpg

One of my previous builds, shows modified sides, cutaway with portholes, new wheels and tyres and a full height body and windscreen.

photo-th.jpg

But with the latest one, using the sports windscreen, short surf board, roof rack and hearse short roof all supplied in the kit. I cut down/lowered the sides and added home printed 'woody' decals..

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

The display comes with the kit.

• Like 10

Thanks guys. I don't think practicality came with any radical custom car design or build. Some were just too dangerous to drive on the road!

• Like 1

I love these car models where the builder's creativity & imagination are all that matters!

My car models are mainly race car replicas; hence something like this is a real breath of fresh air.

Thanks for posting!  

:clap2::clap2:

Thanks kapam. Yes I look at a kit before I buy (box art) and think of how I can modify/improve it to how I see it.

Where did you get the cool printed cardboard display stand? Did this come with the kit, an original store display or did you make it from scratch? It’s very retro cool.

Barris was an interesting character, he did some really beautiful tasteful customs in his early years but then seemed to concentrate on movie prop cars from the 60’s on, probably more lucrative? I saw him at a custom car show a year or so before he past, still hanging out with car crazies and seemed to be having fun. He was sitting at a booth with the big goofy Munster-mobile signing autographs. It was cool to see a legend from my childhood modeling years.

Hi nearsightedjohn, the display/diorama came with the kit folded in the bottom of the box. It just needed a few folds and hey presto it was ready for the camera.

Thanks Homer, yes that's my idea, radicalise/customise/modify as much as possible!

• 1 month later...