What aircraft do you need books about?

NDB16

In April our next two books will be presented - and I'll do that here, of course - and our Mirage 2000 book, which is now sold out, will be available again. We've got plenty more aircraft (and helicopters) in the planning, but I am really interested to know which aircraft you would like us to make books about. 

Please post your suggestions here. It can be fighters, trainers, tankers, transport aircraft, helicopters, bombers, ... 

I'm looking forward to your feedback!

Nic

• 2 weeks later...

The A-10. With the exception of the Reid Air Publishing book, there hasn't been a really good, modern, close-up book on the Warthog. Having said that, I've read that DACO Publications are bringing one out at some time. 

Also, the SR-71 Blackbird. If you go to take photos of the one at Duxford, be warned that most of the cockpit has been removed. On the positive side, both of the engines are on public display. 

Just about anything modern and Russian. I have your books on the Mig-31 and Mig-29 and really appreciate both of them. Superb photography, particularly the Mig-31. If you produced books of the Havoc and the Hokum, I'm sure they would be very popular, as there not that much information in print about either helicopter in the West. 

Hope this helps. 

Chris.  

• 2 weeks later...

Those are interesting suggestions, Chris! We're working on some aircraft that haven't been covered in detail before, so that is always a challenge. But some of what you mentioned is in production!

Keep the suggestions coming!

Nic

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the suggestions, Scooby! One of those might come quicker than you'd expect! There are quite a few new books coming this year, some with a rather unusual subject. There are quite a few aircraft and helicopters around that deserve an entire book filled with details and action. And it is great fun to discover these types too!

Nic    

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Nic

First of all, I would like to congratulate your magnificent work. Your book series are amazing, a digne successor of the venerable Verlinden's "Lock On" series. If, in the future,  you do a 140 pages of a paper plane subject book, I would like to get too.

So, let me do a wish list...

AIDC F-CK-1 Ching-kuo

KAI T-50 / FA-50

Leonardo M346 Master

Saab 39 Gripen

AMX Ghibli

Pilatus PC-21

Dassault Rafale

Grumman E-2 Hawkeye

And for "classic series"...

Grumman F7F Tigercat

Grumman F8F Bearcat

And many more...

Once again, sorry by my bad English and best regards...

Nando

Edited by Nando

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2022 at 6:18 PM, Scooby said:

F-104 Starfighter is a sure seller.

With the amazing DACO F-104 book still being available, an HMH book might not be a sure-fire seller. Having said that, the DACO covers European Starfighters only. So, an American-versions book might be a much better idea. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

Thank you Nando for the many suggestions, there are some really good ones there that I'd like to tackle! Some are even already in the to-do list !

About the F-104: we released a book on the Starfighter about a year ago and it quickly became a very popular one. It is a 180 page book with a lot of action and details. And some very cool photos of Italian Starfighters and currently airworthy ones too!

We have 3 more books coming before the end of the year 2023, so I'd better start another topic on those!

Nic