Jump to content

Italeri 1:24 scale Landrover Fire Truck with lights


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone

This is yet another one of my builds that I have added lighting to and this time it is the Italeri Landrover Fire Truck. Overall it has been a good kit to build with good quality plastic and very little flashing at all. The component went together well and there is enough detail to please most. The rear door is moulded into the top half of the truck so I decided to cut it out so that I could pose the door as open with a small tailgate that I added. If you would like to see how it was built then please click HERE and a video of the lights working can be found HERE

I hope you enjoy viewing it as I did making it.

 

Kevin

 

Fire01 Fire02 Fire03 Fire04 Fire05 Fire06 Fire07 Fire08 Fire09 Fire10 Fire12 Fire13 Fire15

 

  • Like 22
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

An impressive result. It would be 'interesting' to drive with that weight on the front bumper.

It sure would and not good to get too close to the vehicle in front either. 😄😄

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, swralph said:

Very nice build Kevin.😀

Thanks Ralph. I always appreciate it when people leave a comment (good or not so good, ha! ha!)

I respect the cause you support at the bottom of your reply as I know all about that and building models of all types has always been such a great help.
Quality is not the important part, enjoying it and being proud of creating something is.
 

Kind regards

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

I absolutely love it! The video is great and I imagine that rigging the lights took quite some time!

Thanks AD. I'm really glad that you enjoyed the video. 
Adding lights to this kit wasn't too bad for this kit as you mainly only have headlights, sidelights, indicators and blue lights. The trucks and buses I've built have had over 50 LED's to light them up and that was a real challenge at times. 😵😵😵😵😵

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2021 at 3:17 PM, worcesterjohn said:

great build, I love the tailgate, great work. What's the story with the wheel hubs ? Never seen any like that ? 

Thanks for your kind comment, John. I just used spare parts from the kit to make the tailgate and I believe that the reason for the strange spike on the wheel is so that you can use it as a kind of step.
Someone else may know better but I have seen this before on other kits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 9:50 AM, Homer said:

Fantastic piece of modelling, looks ready to tackle the next emergency. 

Thanks Homer. I just wish someone would bring out some some more UK emergency vehicles (especially fire trucks/engines)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ukmodeller said:

Thanks for your kind comment, John. I just used spare parts from the kit to make the tailgate and I believe that the reason for the strange spike on the wheel is so that you can use it as a kind of step.
Someone else may know better but I have seen this before on other kits. 

Ahhh ok that makes sense.. wondered if it was like James Bond's Aston Martin...designed to puncture the tyres of other vehicles ! 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know what you mean, revell have cornered the market but just german machines or you could get American vehicals ,but British vehicles are non existant ,i to hope the model manufacturers start to see the demand for british fire engines. We live and hope 🙏

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2021 at 5:07 PM, worcesterjohn said:

Ahhh ok that makes sense.. wondered if it was like James Bond's Aston Martin...designed to puncture the tyres of other vehicles ! 🤣

I did check and there were no machine guns in the front bumper or an ejector seat 😂😂😂😂😂😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 9:20 AM, Homer said:

I know what you mean, revell have cornered the market but just german machines or you could get American vehicals ,but British vehicles are non existant ,i to hope the model manufacturers start to see the demand for british fire engines. We live and hope 🙏

When you look back over the years the UK has had some amazing looking fire engines that would look good in model form. Alas, cannot see Airfix looking at making them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well its about time they knew what chance they are missing, if the shop shelves or on line shops had british emergency vehicles for sale iam sure they would fly off the shelves. The only ones i have are from die cast manufacturers. We will just have to hope 🙏 they see sence .

I don't think it will be in my lifetime, being a senior modeler .Take care .

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Homer said:

Well its about time they knew what chance they are missing, if the shop shelves or on line shops had british emergency vehicles for sale iam sure they would fly off the shelves. The only ones i have are from die cast manufacturers. We will just have to hope 🙏 they see sence .

I don't think it will be in my lifetime, being a senior modeler .Take care .

Alas, Homer, I think you are right. I'm 62 and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Revell have just brought out the Ford Transit Police van but it doesn't look that exciting but I think there is more variety in the US or Japan except the shipping costs are quite high. Oh well, suppose we just plod on 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Take care now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...