Italeri 1:24 scale Landrover Fire Truck with lights

Hello everyone

This is yet another one of my builds that I have added lighting to and this time it is the Italeri Landrover Fire Truck. Overall it has been a good kit to build with good quality plastic and very little flashing at all. The component went together well and there is enough detail to please most. The rear door is moulded into the top half of the truck so I decided to cut it out so that I could pose the door as open with a small tailgate that I added. If you would like to see how it was built then please click HERE and a video of the lights working can be found HERE

I hope you enjoy viewing it as I did making it.

Kevin

Fire01 Fire02 Fire03 Fire04 Fire05 Fire06 Fire07 Fire08 Fire09 Fire10 Fire12 Fire13 Fire15

• Like 24

19 hours ago, swralph said:

Very nice build Kevin.😀

Thanks Ralph. I always appreciate it when people leave a comment (good or not so good, ha! ha!)

I respect the cause you support at the bottom of your reply as I know all about that and building models of all types has always been such a great help.
Quality is not the important part, enjoying it and being proud of creating something is.

Kind regards

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

I absolutely love it! The video is great and I imagine that rigging the lights took quite some time!

Thanks AD. I'm really glad that you enjoyed the video. 
Adding lights to this kit wasn't too bad for this kit as you mainly only have headlights, sidelights, indicators and blue lights. The trucks and buses I've built have had over 50 LED's to light them up and that was a real challenge at times. 😵😵😵😵😵

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 3:17 PM, worcesterjohn said:

great build, I love the tailgate, great work. What's the story with the wheel hubs ? Never seen any like that ? 

Thanks for your kind comment, John. I just used spare parts from the kit to make the tailgate and I believe that the reason for the strange spike on the wheel is so that you can use it as a kind of step.
Someone else may know better but I have seen this before on other kits. 

5 hours ago, ukmodeller said:

Thanks for your kind comment, John. I just used spare parts from the kit to make the tailgate and I believe that the reason for the strange spike on the wheel is so that you can use it as a kind of step.
Someone else may know better but I have seen this before on other kits. 

Ahhh ok that makes sense.. wondered if it was like James Bond's Aston Martin...designed to puncture the tyres of other vehicles ! 🤣

I know what you mean, revell have cornered the market but just german machines or you could get American vehicals ,but British vehicles are non existant ,i to hope the model manufacturers start to see the demand for british fire engines. We live and hope 🙏

On 2/22/2021 at 5:07 PM, worcesterjohn said:

Ahhh ok that makes sense.. wondered if it was like James Bond's Aston Martin...designed to puncture the tyres of other vehicles ! 🤣

I did check and there were no machine guns in the front bumper or an ejector seat 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2021 at 9:20 AM, Homer said:

I know what you mean, revell have cornered the market but just german machines or you could get American vehicals ,but British vehicles are non existant ,i to hope the model manufacturers start to see the demand for british fire engines. We live and hope 🙏

When you look back over the years the UK has had some amazing looking fire engines that would look good in model form. Alas, cannot see Airfix looking at making them.

Well its about time they knew what chance they are missing, if the shop shelves or on line shops had british emergency vehicles for sale iam sure they would fly off the shelves. The only ones i have are from die cast manufacturers. We will just have to hope 🙏 they see sence .

I don't think it will be in my lifetime, being a senior modeler .Take care .

11 hours ago, Homer said:

Well its about time they knew what chance they are missing, if the shop shelves or on line shops had british emergency vehicles for sale iam sure they would fly off the shelves. The only ones i have are from die cast manufacturers. We will just have to hope 🙏 they see sence .

I don't think it will be in my lifetime, being a senior modeler .Take care .

Alas, Homer, I think you are right. I'm 62 and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Revell have just brought out the Ford Transit Police van but it doesn't look that exciting but I think there is more variety in the US or Japan except the shipping costs are quite high. Oh well, suppose we just plod on 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Take care now.