'The Grand Duke' comic

Bozothenutter

After being reminded by this post just how good Romain Hugault is, I just bought “St Ex”, a lavishly illustrated biography of Antoine de St Exupery, author of The Little Prince and the aviation classic “Night Flight”. Nearly 180 pages (text in French) with dozens of spectacular Hugault images including several awesome gatefold panoramas. I’ll have to up my game in French to really appreciate the text (though I’ve been practicing via Netflix with Au Service de la France, Dix Pour Cent and Lupin ;-P). But even with puzzling through the words, it’s just a spectacular object for the aviation enthusiast...

best,

M.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 9:17 PM, Malc2 said:

Yes, great art work, enjoyed it very much when I got it, shame the Edelwiss series is not in English as well, otherwise it would have been at the top of my Christmas list!

M.

Funny that, 'Edelweiss' is available in Dutch!

Must be a Walloon/Flemish advantage (Flemish=Dutch)

On 2/17/2021 at 3:29 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

After being reminded by this post just how good Romain Hugault is, I just bought “St Ex”, a lavishly illustrated biography of Antoine de St Exupery, author of The Little Prince and the aviation classic “Night Flight”. Nearly 180 pages (text in French) with dozens of spectacular Hugault images including several awesome gatefold panoramas. I’ll have to up my game in French to really appreciate the text (though I’ve been practicing via Netflix with Au Service de la France, Dix Pour Cent and Lupin ;-P). But even with puzzling through the words, it’s just a spectacular object for the aviation enthusiast...

best,

M.

Found St Ex, but can't find Night Flight anywhere....

Nevermind.......blame early morning reading comprehension skills......🤣

Edited by Bozothenutter