L-100-20 Hercules - TAAG Angola Airlines

zebra

Got some paint on it:

1:144 L-100-20 WIP

Some touch-ups needed, but that was inevitable. Not convinced I got the shape of the red curve on the nose right, so I'll fix that up when I deal with the touch-ups

• Like 11

Aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh! Just done some touch-ups. And then spilled some thinners, not directly on the model, but it's not unscathed. Mostly on grey bits though, so not going to result in a big masking job.

I will now fill a blackboard*, Bart Simpson style, with Always Put The Lid Back On Straight Away

*metaphorically, I don't have a blackboard

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Back on track. Also reshaped the demarcation between the orange and red on the nose, and painted the radome. The radome on this one is weird - you usually see the whole radome painted black or not at all, this one has about half of it painted black. Just looks wrong, but that's what the original looks like.

Gloss coat and decals next.

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 7

Decals done:

The cockpit windows are from the Welsh Models kit, the other windows are from the Minicraft kit, and everything else was custom-printed. For any Australian modellers reading this, I got them printed by Dr Decal and Mr Hyder in Sydney, and I'm very pleased with their service. And they have a great name.

cheers

Julian

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, mitchem said:

Fantastic! Still on of my favourite colour schemes :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Mine too. I got some decals printed for a TAAG Il-62M at the same time, if I can squeeze it into the build schedule (which might be difficult!) I might get it done in this GB.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, mitchem said:

Hello ?.........

Any update on this ? I’m getting withdrawal symptoms 😀

I’ve just been building other things whilst building up the enthusiasm to paint the wheels and props! Wheels are painted and painting of the props have started - I’m aiming to get it finished next weekend.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, zebra said:

.........whilst building up the enthusiasm to paint the wheels and props! 

I know where you're coming from as my projects usually run aground with the end bits.

Can't wait to see the end product but don't want to put you under any undue pressure.

mike

54 minutes ago, mitchem said:

I know where you're coming from as my projects usually run aground with the end bits.

Can't wait to see the end product but don't want to put you under any undue pressure.

mike

No more pressure than I’m putting myself under! I don’t like painting wheels and props in larger scales, but in 1/144... just got to bite the bullet and get it done.

• Like 2

Calling this done. More photos in the gallery shortly. Glad I built this, but as I've said already I think there are probably easier ways to get to an L-100-20! I love this colour scheme - there's a chance I might build something else in this scheme before the GB ends, but not sure I'll get time. Wait and see.

1:144 L-100-20

Thanks as always to the hosts for an excellent GB

cheers

Julian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Grandboof said:

Stunner well done . The Il-62 would be nice or a 777 No pressure 

Martin H

Thanks Martin. It'll be an Il-62 if I get to it - I got decals for the Il-62 printed at the same time as the decals for the Herc.

• Like 1