The Italian Job Classic GB Chat

JOCKNEY

Oh yes please, sign me up. I have some SuperModel, Esci and Italeri kits in the stash.  I remember buying SuperModel kits in the 70s, some had vinyl tyres and dry decal sheets, this new technology was amazing, pity they still had heavy raised panel lines. :shrug:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat,

I found a 1/48 ESCI/Ertl P-36A from the 1980s in my stash. It seems to be a derivative of a 1977 AMT kit. Following the Heller groupbuild rules I guess it would qualify - so count me in.

Thanks, Michael

• Like 1

On 26/04/2021 at 09:23, Toryu said:

Hi Pat,

I found a 1/48 ESCI/Ertl P-36A from the 1980s in my stash. It seems to be a derivative of a 1977 AMT kit. Following the Heller groupbuild rules I guess it would qualify - so count me in.

Thanks, Michael

Hi Michael

Great to have you with us.

On 28/04/2021 at 06:50, Mottlemaster said:

Fantisimo, please count me in  Probably something from SuperModel.

Cheers Alistair

Hi Alistair 

Supermodel are all too rarely seen on here, what did you have in mind ?

Cheers Pat

I've been acquiring bits n' bobs for my S-3 trio of late...so one of those would fit in nicely here if it makes it through (1/48 ESCI/Italeri US-3A, S-3A/B, & ES-3A).  I'll be watching.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/esci-4053-us-3a-viking-cod--166383

• Like 2

Please , count me in.

I remember buying a 6 planes Flying circus collection I guess in '82-83.

I've also got another Nieuport 17 marked Japan so it must be one of the older moulds from the 70's

ESCI collection.

The F-100 has minor differencies to the Italeri and you can still get the WC52, Harriers and Starfighters today from Italeri.

The ESCI F-4 has recessed panel lines, the Italeri raised

Odd sticker on the F-104C, "Inneholder danske dekaler". Well the danish didn't have the C version... and the decals were long gone when i got the kit.

51148942661_575339bea7_b.jpg by Sau, auf Flickr

ESCI/ERTL collection

Minor changes on the A-4 and A-7 to the Italeri, but you can still get the EF-111 today.

The F-16's and F-14 have recessed panel lines, Italeri raised.

There also is an korean copy released by Academy of the Spad XIII with minor differencies (like a prop rotating in the wrong direction)

51148942641_b62b60d9aa_b.jpg by Sau, auf Flickr

Italaerei, Revell/Italaerei, Supermodel and a AMT re-pop of the ESCI F-16C Block 25/30 (as a Block 40)

51148942621_c014696887_b.jpg by Sau, auf Flickr

• Like 4

On 30/04/2021 at 21:20, SAU said:

Please , count me in.

I remember buying a 6 planes Flying circus collection I guess in '82-83.

I've also got another Nieuport 17 marked Japan so it must be one of the older moulds from the 70's

ESCI collection.

The F-100 has minor differencies to the Italeri and you can still get the WC52, Harriers and Starfighters today from Italeri.

The ESCI F-4 has recessed panel lines, the Italeri raised

Odd sticker on the F-104C, "Inneholder danske dekaler". Well the danish didn't have the C version... and the decals were long gone when i got the kit.

51148942661_575339bea7_b.jpg by Sau, auf Flickr

ESCI/ERTL collection

Minor changes on the A-4 and A-7 to the Italeri, but you can still get the EF-111 today.

The F-16's and F-14 have recessed panel lines, Italeri raised.

There also is an korean copy released by Academy of the Spad XIII with minor differencies (like a prop rotating in the wrong direction)

51148942641_b62b60d9aa_b.jpg by Sau, auf Flickr

Italaerei, Revell/Italaerei, Supermodel and a AMT re-pop of the ESCI F-16C Block 25/30 (as a Block 40)

51148942621_c014696887_b.jpg by Sau, auf Flickr

Great stuff @SAU

So if we put you down for all of these, then the rest of us can just do the few that you haven't got to complete the set !:wink:

Very inspirational seeing all these, thanks very much.

Cheers Pat

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Go, on put me down. I know they have their detractors but I've become a bit of a fan of Italeri in particular. Interesting range of subjects and (not that it makes any difference to the end result) I do like their current presentation format, very smart boxes with really good artwork, not quite up there with Airfix's Adam "best in the business" Tooby but not far off.

I have an idea for a different Italian-themed GB that I'm don't think would clash with this one, not Italian kit manufacturers but subjects that are Italian built or in Italian service. I'd call it "Parliamo Italiano". Would you be happy for me to pitch this, @JOCKNEY? I've had a look and I don't think it's been done before.

(I should explain I'm a bit of an Italophile, I spent a year there as a student and have visited many, many times over the years, speak the language pretty well. I adore the place. 🇮🇹)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TonyOD said:

I have an idea for a different Italian-themed GB that I'm don't think would clash with this one, not Italian kit manufacturers but subjects that are Italian built or in Italian service. I'd call it "Parliamo Italiano". Would you be happy for me to pitch this, @JOCKNEY? I've had a look and I don't think it's been done before.

(I should explain I'm a bit of an Italophile, I spent a year there as a student and have visited many, many times over the years, speak the language pretty well. I adore the place. 🇮🇹)

Absolutely, go for it !

• Thanks 1

On 12/05/2021 at 01:03, TimJ said:

You can put me down for this one Pat, I've got a few Italeri kits in the stash. I might build my Ford Transit. 

Great stuff Tim, will it be a white one owned by a dodgy builder ?

cheers Pat

• Haha 1

Bought a job lot of kits for next to nowt in Faceache and in there we have an Italeri "Falklands" Harrier GR.3 that originates from a 1983 ESCI mould. That will probably be my pick.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@JOCKNEY

Have I not put my name down for this? I have an original Supermodel Cant Z. something or other tri-motor bomber lurking the stash. Does Italeri's revamp of said manufacturers Cant Z.506 count as well? Would build the RAF one😁

Davey.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

@JOCKNEY

Have I not put my name down for this? I have an original Supermodel Cant Z. something or other tri-motor bomber lurking the stash. Does Italeri's revamp of said manufacturers Cant Z.506 count as well? Would build the RAF one😁

Davey.

Hi Davey

Great to have you with us.

Cant say no to that choice now can I !

Yes the Italeri version is just fine as Italeri is Italian anyway so it's a win win.

cheers Pat 

Not sure how I missed this, however I’ve a few oldish Italeri models in the stash and the first one that comes to mind is the Donier Do24. I’m not so well stocked on Esci kits, although do have their Dakota, F-100 Super Sabre and their lovely range of F-5’s. It would be almost criminal for me not to participate so throw my hat into the ring please Pat. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Hi,

Out of classic Supermodel I have in stash Cant Z 1007 and Z 506. It could be a good oportunity to work on them... So, please consider me ïnside.

There was one more well forgotten classical Italian brand, the Polistil https://www.scalemates.com/brands/polistil--1727

I do not have any of them, I mention it just to recall the option

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2021 at 13:10, Grandboof said:

Yes Pat I would like to join this band - Self preservation society with a RAN Skyhawk 

Martin H

Hi Martin

Great to have you join us.

Cheers Pat